The Best Keto Buns – Crusty Outside and Soft Interior!
Need a hearty, bready bun that fits in with your keto diet?
I love lettuce and cabbage wraps as a keto-friendly serving option, but sometimes I miss my burger buns. That’s why I’m sharing how you can make keto buns with a crusty outside and a soft interior for hamburgers, sandwiches, or just to eat on their own! Better yet, you can dress this bun up any way you want.
These keto buns can even be frozen in a bigger batch as a time-saving option. I recommend slicing them in half prior to freezing so it’s easier to take them out of the freezer and toast when you’re ready to enjoy a delicious sandwich without carb-heavy bread!
Hip Recipe Tips:
- Making keto bread requires the ingredients to be at room temperature. To help with the rise of the buns, make sure the eggs have had enough time to warm up to room temperature.
- Also, make sure your baking powder is fresh! If you come across using baking powder when your baking and your recipe isn’t rising as it should, your baking powder might not be active.
- Love extra seasoning on your buns? Try out our Everything but Bagel Seasoning on top to really give it a punch of flavor!
- Freezer friendly buns: Make a batch (or double) and let the keto buns cool completely. Slice in half (if planning to use as a sandwich in the future) and store them in a freezer-friendly bag.
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
A delicious low carb bun with a crusty exterior and a soft, bready inside, perfect for burgers and sandwiches.
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 3 eggs, room temperature (1 of the eggs for an egg wash)
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
It’s sandwich time!
The options are endless with keto buns! Try out our keto-friendly veggie burger, chicken salad, or even a slice of our bacon jalapeno cheeseburger casserole to fill the slices of these buns. You can also use them as a dipping bread for hearty keto chili or tomato basil soup!
Want more keto bread options? Try out these delicious keto biscuits!