Creamy Keto Tomato Basil Soup
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Keto soups to warm the soul!
We’re taking on a classic, but making it ketofied! This rich keto tomato soup only requires a few ingredient swaps to make it low carb, but still oh so satisfying. And our take on the classic adds in basil for a bold flavor with a creamy texture that will taste like you spent hours in the kitchen stewing, but luckily, it is a very easy recipe!
Hip tips for making Keto Tomato Basil Soup:
- To ensure a smooth and creamy texture, strain your tomato purée before adding into the saucepan. This will eliminate all skins from the tomatoes that did not get puréed.
- For a thicker consistency, add in 1-2 teaspoons of xanthan gum to the soup.
- Turn it up a notch with crumbled bacon bits, cheddar cheese, or sour cream dolloped on top.
That grilled cheese sandwich above is keto-friendly, too!
Keto Tomato Basil Soup
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 30 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 50 MINUTES
A twist on classic tomato soup with bold basil and a creamy finish to be the keto-friendly soup of your dreams.
- 7-8 medium size tomatoes (should be around 4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste (if you are wanting a stronger tomato taste, you can add an additional tablespoon)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional, if you are wanting a thicker soup)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
Savory and comforting, this keto soup is a winner!
While this recipe will be much enjoyed on a colder day, you’ll be finding any excuse to make a batch of our keto tomato basil soup regardless of the weather!
Now that you’re craving tomato soup, let’s add a keto grilled cheese sandwich!