Easy Keto Sloppy Joes the Entire Family Will Love!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
It takes just a few easy ingredients to create keto sloppy joes. It’s a satisfying American classic turned keto!
Needing an easy, under-30-minute keto dinner idea?
Sloppy Joes were one of my favorites when I was a kid and now my boys love them just as much as I did. Keep in mind, this sandwich is not a clean sandwich at all. In fact, the messier, the better! Pile the seasoned ground beef high on a keto bun and enjoy the messiness. 😋
If you don’t have the time to make a homemade keto bun, Hero hamburger buns are the answer! 🙌 You’d never guess these buns clock in at zero net carbs! They are fluffy and honestly so delicious.
This easy keto sloppy joes recipe results in a smoky yet sweet ground beef sandwich! The bit of ground cinnamon gives it a deep flavor and these sloppy joes are hearty and oh-so yum! Your whole family will enjoy this idea, guaranteed.
Everyone needs an easy weeknight meal like this in their back pocket!
Keto Sloppy Joes
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 25 MINUTES
A low-carb twist on the classic American sandwich with loads of hearty seasoned ground beef!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup no-added-sugar ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown Swerve
Tips for making the best keto Sloppy Joes:
- Keto Sloppy Joes never fail as I am always doubling this recipe since the kids love it even the next day for lunch. This is also the perfect recipe to make ahead and freeze for a later day.
- Like a little spice? Add 1 teaspoon of sriracha for some heat!
- The brown Swerve adds depth to the flavor of the meat with a touch of caramelized sweetness.
- Serve the seasoned ground beef in lettuce wraps, cabbage wraps, or small peppers for an even lower in carbs meal or serve on a homemade keto-friendly hamburger bun.
- Don’t have time to make a homemade bun? Hero hamburger buns are an easy solution to serve up a hearty keto Sloppy Joe sandwich.
Here are the nutritional breakdowns per serving if you go with one of these options:
- Variation #1, served with Hero Bun: 346 calories | 27g fat | 13.8g total carbs | 6.2g fiber | 32.3g protein | 3.0g sugar alcohols | 4.4g net carbs
- Variation #2, served in Cabbage Wrap: 326 calories | 18.6g fat | 9.0g total carbs | 1.2g fiber | 30.0g protein | 3.0g sugar alcohols | 4.8g net carbs
- Variation #3, served on a homemade keto bun: 766 calories | 56g fat | 13.3g total carbs | 5g fiber | 53g protein | .3g sugar alcohols | 8g net carbs
Here’s what my teammate Lina had to say after making these sloppy Joes:
“Wow, what an incredibly easy and filling meal! I love the Swerve brown sugar as a keto swap. It tastes so much like traditional brown sugar. My family loved this sloppy Joe’s recipe and didn’t even know it was keto. This tastes fantastic, and I highly recommend making it!”