Fuel Up With Our Keto Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Keto earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Keep it low carb with our keto strawberry banana smoothie recipe!
Rise and shine with a low carb smoothie!🍓
Smoothies are the perfect grab-and-go breakfast packed with vitamins to give you energy and keep you on track throughout the day. If you’re hoping to start healthier habits this year, we’ve hacked a traditional smoothie to give you that banana flavor you love without all the added carbs. This refreshing strawberry drink is a must-try!
Keep these tips in mind when making our keto strawberry banana smoothie:
- We used fresh strawberries, cut the tops off, and placed them in the freezer for a few hours before blending. If berries are not in season or if omitting this step is preferred, you can use frozen berries to help thicken the base of the smoothie without the use of ice.
- We love the OliveNation Pure Banana Extract. It’s delicious and gives us that banana flavor we all crave but without the carbs.
- You can add more of your favorite low carb ingredients to bulk up your smoothies, such as spinach, kale, mixed berries, or keto protein powder.
Keto Strawberry Banana Smoothie
yield: 2 SERVINGS
prep time: 2 MINUTES
total time: 2 MINUTES
Enjoy the sweet refreshment of this low carb, keto strawberry smoothie with a rich hint of banana extract — one sip and you'll be hooked!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons banana extract
- 6-7 large frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon protein powder
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoons keto sweetener (such as Swerve)
This recipe is so easy that even your kiddos can make it themselves with little to no assistance by using a Nutribullet or blender! It’s great for breakfast or even a refreshing afternoon low carb snack any day of the year!
If you have leftover strawberries, consider making one of these delicious strawberry-based keto-friendly desserts…
- Keto Strawberry Shortcake
- Keto Strawberry Shortcake Chaffle
- Keto Whipped Strawberry Milk
- Keto Strawberry Milkshake
- Keto Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles
- Keto Sugar-Free Strawberry Pie
- Keto Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Keto Strawberry Yogurt Cream Pie
My team member, Jenna, gave this low carb strawberry banana smoothie recipe a test for me (as pictured above) and here’s what she had to say:
“I love the simplicity of this recipe and being able to just throw everything in the blender and serve when done. I like to add a scoop of protein powder to bulk it up and it helps me stay full most of the day, you can’t even taste it.
I loved using frozen strawberries so the smoothie was full of flavor and didn’t get watered down even as it was melting. When I added the whipped heavy cream to the top, it felt like I was getting a cheat treat, but nope, it was still low carb!” – Jenna
Our low-carb Orange Julius copycat recipe is a reader favorite! Try it next!