Keto Strawberry Shortcake with Strawberry-Infused Pound Cake [+ How-To Video]
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
A classic summer dessert gone keto!🍓
When I think of refreshing summertime desserts, the first thing that comes to mind is strawberry shortcake. I love the natural sweetness that strawberries have, and they just so happen to be pretty keto-friendly when it comes to carb count.
I’ve taken our signature pound cake keto dessert and kicked the freshness up by adding diced strawberries into the cake. This flavorful and easy to make low-carb dessert will be the hit of your summer cookout! 😋
I even created a video so that you can see how easy this delicious keto dessert recipe comes together…
Recipe tips for making perfect keto strawberry shortcake:
- Fold the diced strawberries into the batter after all other ingredients are combined to prevent them from sinking to the bottom.
- Did you know that you can keep your strawberries fresh longer before eating them!? Try this vinegar hack!
- Feel free to slice your cake and then freeze it for a later date. The cake should last in the freezer for a couple of months if wrapped and sealed tightly.
Keto Strawberry Shortcake
yield: 10 SERVINGS
prep time: 25 MINUTES
cook time: 60 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 25 MINUTES
Thick slices of strawberry-infused keto pound cake get covered with layers of sliced strawberries and whipped cream.
Strawberry pound cake:
- 3/4 cup Swerve sweetener
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries, diced
Strawberry glaze topping:
- 1 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Swerve sweetener
The delicious strawberry glaze on this keto shortcake really takes the flavor to the next level and will surely have your non-keto friends begging for this yummy dessert recipe!
My team member, Jenna, gave this recipe a test for me (as pictured above), and here’s what she had to say:
“This dessert has such great flavor, and the diced strawberries mixed throughout the bread was the best part! The sauce for the top is amazing too, and of course, gives this a true, classic strawberry shortcake flavor! The only issue I ran into was that the bread got stuck in my loaf pan. I greased it with butter and it still stuck (which seems to be typical of low-carb breads). I wonder if it would have come out easier by using cooking spray instead? I ended up just cutting it right in the pan and that worked.” – Jenna