Is an air fryer good for a keto or low-carb diet?
I’d say absolutely! Air fryers are a popular keto diet kitchen appliance. I’ve been using my air fryer just about every day since I bought it, and I LOVE cooking with it so much! Air frying is super convenient, quick, and EASY! In fact, the Power Air Fryer XL is my favorite kitchen appliance right now.
Here are 10 reasons why…
1. Make crispy air fried wings with very little effort.
Simply place raw chicken wings in air fryer basket, salt & pepper to taste, and mist with cooking spray. Set the timer for 30 minutes at 370 degrees Fahrenheit. At the halfway mark, turn them and mist the wings with cooking spray. Once they are done cooking to your desired crispness, toss with wing sauce and enjoy! The texture and taste are PERFECT – super crispy and delicious.
This is one of my favorite things I’ve EVER made in the air fryer! Way crispier than oven baked wings.
2. Make PERFECT hard-boiled eggs every time!
I love that there’s no boiling water needed for this failproof way of making hard-boiled eggs. Just place eggs in the fryer basket and set the timer for 16 minutes at 260 degrees Fahrenheit. Let the eggs cool for a minute and then remove the shells under running water!
3. Make a keto-friendly breading for the air fryer.
I made these crispy air fried pickles by creating a breading out of grated Parmesan cheese and crushed pork rinds. To make, first dredge pickles in almond flour, then egg, then in the Parmesan cheese and pork rind mixture. Place in a greased air fryer basket in one single layer, and mist the tops with olive oil. Set the timer for 6 minutes at 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
These air fryer pickles are so crunchy and delicious! Try making them with spicy pickle slices. YUM!
4. Kale chips have never been so fast and crispy.
Crispy kale chips in less than 10 minutes? Yes, please!
If kale chips are your thing, they turn out fantastic in the air fryer! To make these, separate about 3 cups of kale leaves from the stem. Toss in a little olive oil, salt & pepper, and then air fry for about 7 minutes at 370 degrees Fahrenheit. Shake basket halfway through. SO GOOD!
5. Keto snacks in the air fryer rock!
One easy and satisfying snack idea is to air fry salami wrapped mozzarella cheese sticks. Cut cheese sticks into thirds. Wrap each with a piece of salami and secure with a toothpick. Place in air fryer and cook for 6 minutes at 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
What a yummy and easy snack or appetizer!
6. Meat turns out DELICIOUS and juicy.
The air fryer goes way beyond tasty fries and snacks. We recently cooked some pretty amazing burgers in the air fryer. Medium-sized patties can be cooked for about 9-10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, or until they reach desired doneness.
7. Keto-friendly veggies crisp up like a dream.
I made brussels sprouts that are perfectly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside in just 10 minutes! They taste amazing and are so easy to make.
Tip: Coat Brussels sprouts with olive oil, season, and then cook in the air fryer for 10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Stop and shake the basket to turn sprouts halfway through cooking.
You may be able to buy the pre-assembled jalapeno poppers from your local grocer’s butcher or make your own following THIS easy recipe! Such a great low carb appetizer idea that’s always a total crowd pleaser.
9. Make mess-free bacon like a BOSS.
Cook times will vary based on the thickness of bacon, but I was able to make this traditional cut, crispy bacon in just 8 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit (thick cut bacon may take closer to 10-11 minutes or even longer if you like really crispy bacon). The best part is that the grease drains to the bottom basket for easy cleanup!
I’m never making bacon in the oven or on the stove again. THIS method ROCKS!
10. Leftovers have never tasted better.
Seriously, you’ll never eat soggy leftovers again! I heated up this leftover Keto Pizza Quiche recipe the next day for just a couple of minutes and it was perfectly crisp again!
More reasons I love my air fryer?
- My air fryer was easy to use straight out of the box.
- It’s lightweight, and it’s SO easy to clean.
- You can conveniently remove the air fryer’s basket to see if food is done cooking, and then just place it back in to cook longer if desired.
- Cook times are faster in the air fryer than in conventional ovens!
- Cook times are also actual cook times, meaning no waiting for pre-heating or the machine to come to pressure as you would with a pressure cooker.
- Cooking with an air fryer keeps kitchen temperatures cool, unlike a traditional oven.