2-Ingredient Bacon-Wrapped Onion Rings in the Air Fryer
Hungry for crispy onion rings?
Skip the carb-filled breading and try them with BACON! Yep, I recently tried wrapping sliced onion with bacon, and I LOVED it. The result is a delicious and satisfying low-carb appetizer, perfect for keto snacking!
I use my air fryer any chance I can, especially when it’s warm outside, and I loved using it for this idea! The bacon cooks up nice and crispy while the onion gets tender. This is such an easy 2-ingredient idea that tastes great, too!
- To keep toothpicks from burning, soak them in water for a few minutes.
- Use thinner cut bacon because it cooks faster and makes wrapping the onions easier.
- You can use the largest rings from two onions and re-use the remaining parts in another recipe.
- We dipped our bacon onion rings in G Hughes Sugar-Free BBQ Sauce, but pick your own favorite condiment for dipping.
- No air fryer? To bake in a conventional oven: Place onion rings on a baking sheet pan covered in foil or parchment paper. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 25-30 minutes until bacon is crisp and onions are tender.
2-Ingredient Bacon-Wrapped Onion Rings
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 14 MINUTES
total time: 24 MINUTES
Crispy bacon wrapped onion rings baked right in the air fryer as a yummy keto snack!
- one large yellow onion
- 12 slices of thin cut bacon
Wow, these are YUM!
We love basically anything wrapped in bacon, and these onion rings will not disappoint! This easy air fryer recipe would be great for entertaining as a brilliant low-carb food option, whether you’re feeding your family or want to impress your friends on game day!
Check out 10 reasons to LOVE air fryers on a keto diet!