Keto Parmesan Asparagus Fries
This keto side dish will be loved by all!
Need a healthy alternative to those crispy french fries? In addition to these delicious keto jicama fries, you’ve got to try making parmesan asparagus fries! They are crisped to perfection right from the oven in under 15 minutes, and are sure to hit the spot.
What creates the “breading”? Pork rinds and parmesan! By using crushed up pork rinds, you’ll get that crunchy texture you’ve been missing. After trying out a couple of different methods, I also realized coating the asparagus in an egg wash really makes the parmesan mixture stick.
- For a different flavor, try out flavored pork rinds such as parmesan peppercorn.
- For thicker breading, repeat steps five and six to get a double coat.
- For crispier breading, turn on the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes to really give the fries a crunch.
- You can even use the air fryer for this recipe. Lay the stalks in a single layer at 400° for 7 minutes.
Keto Parmesan Garlic Asparagus Fries
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 12 MINUTES
total time: 22 MINUTES
These crispy asparagus fries make a perfect low-carb side dish for any occasion.
- 1 bundle asparagus
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups crushed pork rinds
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Shaved parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- Fresh parsley (optional)
Definitely add this to your list of simple keto side dishes to try!
Looking for another easy side dish? Try these Keto Bacon Wrapped Green Beans!