The Best Keto Fries Alternative
The perfect alternative to curb your carb-loaded potato craving!
Are you missing french fries? Just because you choose to live a low-carb lifestyle doesn’t mean you have to give up on your favorite dishes. These keto fries really are the closest thing you will get to an actual french fry, but without all the carbs. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside thanks to jicama!
For those of you who don’t know what Jicama is, it is often referred to as a Mexican potato or Mexican turnip. It’s a root vegetable, and on the outside looks similar to a potato, but on the inside has a similar texture to an apple or pear. It’s also low in carbs and high in fiber!
These jicama fries make a perfect keto snack when those carb cravings hit!
- Microwave the jicama for 3 minutes to soften before peeling and cutting. This will help tremendously.
- If using an air fryer, after boiling the jicama, you can toss them in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- To create an appetizer with these keto-friendly fries, try adding shredded chicken or pork after baking to create jicama nachos. YUM!
- For crispier fries, slice thin like a shoestring fry.
- You’ve got to try our homemade keto ketchup with these fries!
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 55 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 5 MINUTES
These low-carb fries are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside!
- 2 medium size jicama
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
These Keto-friendly fries really hit the spot!
If you love eating foods that kick those carb cravings to the curb, you’ve got to try these delicious keto breadsticks, too.