Best Keto Oatmeal Recipe | No Actual Oats Needed for This Hot Breakfast Idea!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This keto oatmeal recipe is better than using traditional oats!
Looking for oatmeal, but keto friendly style?
Oats are traditionally high in carbs, but there’s an easy way to hack the warm and comforting breakfast food by using hemp hearts, chia seeds, and flax seeds. Top this off with a drizzle of keto maple syrup, keto-friendly nuts, and/or some berries. 😋 Yum!
Can you have oatmeal on keto?
Since oats are a type of cereal grain, they are naturally high in carbs. You should avoid them on a keto diet to ensure you remain in ketosis. Luckily, we’ve got the perfect keto oatmeal recipe with, well, no oats!
What can I substitute for traditional oatmeal ingredients on a keto diet?
Not only is this keto non-oat oatmeal delicious, but it’s also crazy good for you. Here are the benefits of the keto-friendly ingredients we use in place of oats:
- Chia Seeds: Great source of fiber, an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants that are good for your skin.
- Hemp Hearts: Packed with antioxidants like fiber, helps keep the mind and immune system strong as well as aim for restful sleep.
- Flax Seeds: Natural anti-inflammatory immune booster and helps lower blood pressure.
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 3 MINUTES
total time: 8 MINUTES
Delicious and warm oatmeal-like breakfast, but without any carb-heavy oats!
Hip recipe tips for non-oat keto oatmeal:
- You can flavor the keto oatmeal base however you’d like: cinnamon and keto maple syrup, berries and a splash of heavy cream, or keto nut butter and no sugar added chocolate chips (these are my kids’ favorite).
- While this is a hearty breakfast, you won’t need much to stay fueled up. About a 1/2 cup of keto oatmeal is super filling and will give you all-day energy!
This is the perfect warm breakfast to enjoy all week long!
I leave a jar out on the counter, and this keto oatmeal has been my go-to every morning! Simply make the base and top it off any way you’d like to enjoy some variety in flavors throughout the week. Yum!
Looking for other no-egg keto breakfast ideas? Here are some of our faves:
Want another sweet & easy breakfast recipe? Try out the best keto waffles recipe EVER!