Cheesy Zucchini Bites — Yummy Keto Snack Idea!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This keto side dish is a whole new take on zucchini.
Ever feel like zucchini is always left out at the dinner table because you’re not sure what to make with it? Zucchini is actually a very versatile vegetable and can be made into keto-friendly chips, zoodles, and now these light and delicious cheesy zucchini bites, with only 1 net carb each!
These yummy mounds of cheesy zucchini come from such a simple yet satisfying ketorecipe the whole family will love. It almost reminds me of a hushpuppy but without all the flour and grease from frying.
Better yet, you can make these ahead of time and warm them up for a few seconds when you are ready to eat.
Hip Recipe Tips:
- In this zucchini bite recipe, I used sharp cheddar for a rich flavor, but you can use your favorite cheese to switch it up to your tastes!
- If you do not have cheesecloth on hand, use paper towels instead to ring out the excess liquids from the zucchini.
- Make the bites extra hearty by adding in a 1/4 cup of cooked, chopped bacon or crumbled Italian sausage. It’s a great idea for a breakfast zucchini bite!
Keto Zucchini Bites
yield: 18 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
Yummy bites with nutritious zucchini and melted cheese that can be made ahead of time.
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about 2-3 medium size zucchinis)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
These keto zucchini bites are so delicious, even the kiddos (& the veggie haters) loved them to pieces and asked if I could make more. When you are craving a healthy snack, these bites will be your perfect go-to!
Love zucchini? Try our Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats next!