Easy Keto Cheese Sauce – Great for Veggies, Meat, and Keto Pasta!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Who doesn’t love a good cheese sauce?
Whisking up this heavenly keto cheese sauce is so simple thanks to a few common ingredients and only 15 minutes. Not bad for an addition that makes such a big impact on any dish! Better yet, the kids will absolutely love it… even on veggies!
Hip Recipe Tips:
- This keto cheese sauce is perfect over your favorite meat, vegetables, and even keto-friendly pasta! You could even drizzle it over our Chipotle-inspired keto burrito bowl! YUM!
- I used cheddar and Monterey Jack but you could change up the cheeses to suit your taste. Omitting the Monterey Jack and subbing in smoked gouda would be a delicious alternative!
- This recipe makes enough to fill two pint-sized jars, so you can use half right away and save the other half for later.
- To reheat, simply heat the cheese sauce in a microwave-safe container for 30 seconds and stir.
Keto Cheese Sauce
yield: 16 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 12 MINUTES
total time: 17 MINUTES
This velvety keto cheese sauce mixes two flavorful cheese varieties to create a melty, delicious addition to any meal.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup medium or sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
In a small saucepan, melt butter and cream cheese over low-medium heat. Add in pepper and whisk continuously.
Slowly pour in heavy whipping cream and continue whisking for 4 minutes.
Add in cheese and whisk until cheese has completely melted - about 3 minutes. The longer you let the cheese sauce simmer, the thicker the cheese will get. This should take about 7-8 minutes to get a thick cheese sauce.
Serve immediate over your favorite keto-friendly vegetables, chicken, or keto noodles.
For leftovers, pour remaining sauce into a mason jar and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Yield: 4 cups, Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: 240 Calories | 27g Fat | 1g Total Carbs | 0g Fiber | 0g Sugar Alcohol | 2g Protein | 1g Net Carbs
Velvety, creamy, and oh so cheesy, this sauce is a huge hit!
You’ll wow even the pickiest of eaters with such a dreamy keto cheese sauce. Anything that gets my kids to eat their veggies is a win in my book! 🙌
Try out this rich keto alfredo sauce recipe next.
This recipe is fantastic. I seriously could drink it straight! The family loved it.
Wow! Thank you for letting us know how you loved it, Dan Larson!
Can you can this
Hi Tina! We haven’t tried that. We do suggest storing in a mason jar, in the refrigerator for up to one week. Hope this helps!
Hola Tina, la salsa de queso es deliciosa
YAY! SO glad to hear you enjoyed this cheese sauce, Cecilia! 🧀🥰