What Should I Order at Chipotle? Keto Dining Guide
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Chipotle offers a pretty helpful, customizable nutrition and dining guide, but it helps even more to have a little keto help from someone who’s been where you are when you’re wondering what to order. The best thing about Chipotle? They’ve expanded beyond mere burrito bowls to salads, which gives you easy options for ordering.
The basics of successful Chipotle’s ordering:
- Stick with the salads.
- Avoid rice, wraps, tortillas, chips, beans, and corn.
- When in doubt, leave it out.
- For drinks, stick with water, unsweetened iced tea, or Diet Coke products.
- If the menu says “sugar-free”, check the nutrition guide anyway.
- Download the free app for amazing deals: iPhone or Android.
Here’s how to order keto at Chipotle:
Lunch & Dinner
“I’ll have the [meat/sofritas] salad, please.”
Options here abound! For vegetarians, Chipotle introduced the soy-bean based sofritas, hence the slightly higher carb count and the fiber. Salad options include:
- Chicken: 180 calories | 7g fat | 0g carbs | 32g protein
- Steak: 150 calories | 6g fat | 1g carbs | 21g protein
- Carnitas: 210 calories | 12g fat | 0g carbs | 23g protein
- Barbacoa: 170 calories | 7g fat | 2g carbs | 24g protein
- Sofritas: 150 calories | 10g fat | 9g carbs | 3g fiber | 8g protein
“…And to that salad, can you add…”
What can you add to your bowl? A lot. Be aware some toppings cost extra (varies by location). Pick from these:
- Fajita vegetables: 20 calories | 0g fat | 5g carbs | 1g fiber | 1g protein
- Queso: 120 calories | 8g fat | 4g carbs | 0.5g fiber | 6g protein
- Fresh tomato salsa: 25 calories | 0g fat | 4g carbs | 1g fiber | 0g protein
- Tomatillo-green chili salsa: 15 calories | 0g fat | 4g carbs | 0g fiber | 0g protein
- Tomatillo-red chili salsa: 30 calories | 0g fat | 4g carbs | 1g fiber | 0g protein
- Sour cream: 110 calories | 9g fat | 2g carbs | 0g fiber | 2g protein
- Cheese: 110 calories | 5g fat | 1g carbs | 0g fiber | 6g protein
- Guacamole: 230 calories | 22g fat | 8g carbs | 6g fiber | 2g protein
- Romaine lettuce: 5 calories | 0g fat | 1g carbs | 1g fiber | 0g protein
Two Salad Ideas
“I’d like the chicken salad, with fajita grilled veggies, fresh tomato salsa, sour cream, cheese, and guacamole on the side. And can you please add extra chicken?”
Okay, so that order’s a mouthful, but you deserve all the good stuff. The extra chicken will run you about $2, but it’s worth it if you’re really hungry. Want a larger portion than just asking for double meat at the outset? Ask for the chicken salad. Then once they add the chicken, ask for an extra serving on top.
- Chicken salad: 985 calories | 61g fat | 22g carbs | 9g fiber | 32g protein
“I’ll have the Carnitas salad with fajita grilled veggies, fresh tomato salsa, sour cream, cheese, and guacamole, with a side of queso.”
Those grilled vegetables add so much flavor! The queso has a few carbs going on (four to be exact), so keep it off to the side for dipping.
- Carnitas salad: 715 calories | 51g fat | 22g carbs | 9g fiber | 35g protein
As you can see, with a little due diligence, you can enjoy meals out wherever your adventures take you! Enjoy!