Easy 3-Ingredient Keto Ice Cream in a Mason Jar
Ready to make keto ice cream at home using a mason jar?!
Yep, it’s a fun and simple way to create delicious homemade keto ice cream without using an ice cream maker.
The best part – this dessert recipe requires just 3 main ingredients, and it happens to be a great arm workout, too! Get your kids involved and make it a family activity – so fun!
All that shaking will eventually result in a rich and creamy keto ice cream you can customize in so many ways. Add berries, nuts, or any other keto toppings such as sugar-free caramel.
I could personally LIVE on simple vanilla ice cream, but feel free to customize this idea to your taste!
Hip Recipe Tips:
- Swap traditional sugar for a keto-friendly sweetener. Ice cream is one of those recipes that’s way EASY to make keto-friendly because all you really have to do is change the sweetener to a keto-approved one. I’m using Swerve for this, as it’s my favorite, and it works great here! Check our Guide to Keto Sweeteners for more info.
- Shake it for a full 5 minutes! This will ensure the cream will double in size and result in yummy ice cream.
- Plan for freezing time. You will need about 3-4 hours for the ice cream to freeze (it’s worth the wait)!
- Use a wide mouth mason jar. It will be easier to scoop out once frozen.
Keto Vanilla Ice Cream in a Mason Jar
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
Easily shake up this creamy keto ice cream for a delicious treat at home.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons Swerve sweetener (or more to taste)
We love making this yummy and easy keto ice cream!
In my opinion, this rich dessert doesn’t even taste keto, and it’s a nice treat to help you stay on track when you’re having ice cream cravings. The clever mason jar method is a pretty handy trick to know about!