Homemade Keto Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
Did you know you can make your own sweetened condensed milk… keto style?
I have the perfect recipe that’s simple, affordable, and it’s 0 NET CARBS per serving! The possibilities you now have for all those desserts calling for condensed milk! Are you ready?! Your holiday baking is about to become epic! 🙌
What is sweetened condensed milk?
Condensed milk is often used in baking such as pies, cheesecakes, fudge, and ice cream. It can also be used for something as simple as a fruit dip or even as a sweetener for your coffee.
Manufacturers take out about 60% of the water from the milk to “condense” it down. After they “condense” the milk, they add about 40% sugar to fill the void from the water. I’m sure you’re asking yourself why the manufacturers did this. Well, they experimented and added sugar to the condensed milk and found out that the shelf life held longer, plus transporting the milk was easier due to not having to store it in cooler temperatures.
Make your own keto sweetened condensed milk!
Standard canned condensed milk contains 90 calories, 15 carbs, and 15 grams of sugar PER SERVING. This keto recipe has 0 Net Carbs and zero added sugar! It’s a win-win for all of your holiday baking needs!
- I like to use Mason Jars like these for jams and sauces.
- Why use canned coconut milk in place of unsweetened almond milk? Coconut milk is thicker, so it doesn’t have to boil as long to thicken. It’s also got a better flavor for this recipe.
- Store this recipe in the fridge for one week.
- Got leftover keto sweetened condensed milk? Add it to your coffee or tea! Yum!
Homemade Keto Condensed Coconut Milk
yield: 20 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 35 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
Easy homemade sweetened condensed coconut milk without all the sugar and carbs!
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1/3 cup Swerve confectioners
So… the next time you need to feed that sweet craving with sweetened condensed milk, go ahead and whip up a batch of this easy coconut condensed milk! You’ll be so glad you did!