Keto Loaded Radishes – With Bacon and Cheese!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Does a side dish loaded with bacon and cheese sound good?!
If you miss eating high-carb potatoes, you’ve gotta try pan frying some radishes! It’s an easy idea I’ve been obsessed with ever since I made breakfast radishes to put in these yummy bacon and egg burritos.
It’s so interesting how cooked radishes taste nothing like raw radishes, and pan frying them is a fantastic way to go!
In this radish recipe, we are pan frying them in a little bacon grease until tender, then topping them with cheddar cheese, bacon, and chives. I love how the radishes get caramelized and the texture and taste is so delish!
These would be a great accompaniment for anything on the grill, like steak, chicken, or fish.
Hip Recipe Tips:
- I’m using a 10 inch cast iron skillet, and love how it does an excellent job of caramelizing the outsides of the radishes for awesome texture.
- Cook your bacon in the skillet first to make this a simple one-skillet dish! Reserve a tablespoon of the bacon grease in the pan to cook the radishes – because bacon grease is oh so TASTY!
- I’m using freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese because I love how it melts. You could possibly pick another type of cheese if desired, or the pre-shredded.
Keto Loaded Radishes
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
Tender pieces of caramelized radishes pan fried in a skillet, topped with cheese, bacon and chives.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1.25 pounds fresh radishes, cut in halves or quarters if large
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- optional topping ideas: ranch dressing drizzle or dollop of sour cream
Turns out loaded radishes are awesome!
As far as vegetable side dishes go, this one tastes so great and is a frugal recipe idea, too. Radishes are only .99 per pound at my store and this is such a great way to prepare them. I really think your family will love them- enjoy!