Make-Ahead Keto Breakfast Burritos (Easy Freezer Meal Prep Idea!)
These keto freezer breakfast burritos are perfect to have on hand for busy mornings!
Craving a breakfast burrito?
It’s easy to make a few keto swaps in order to create a killer bacon, egg, and “potato” breakfast burrito! I personally love hearty, filling, and simple keto breakfast ideas. With that said, I’m also sharing a clever way to meal prep make-ahead freezer breakfast burritos!
The secret is to make freezer pouches with burrito filling using sandwich bags!
Then, when you’re ready to enjoy, you’ll re-heat the contents in the microwave and wrap up the burrito filling using a keto-friendly wrap, such as Folios or Crepini wraps, for an awesome burrito experience!
No more reheating soggy burritos using this genius method, I promise!
Hip tips for making the best keto breakfast burritos:
- I’m using a Folio cheese wrap instead of a carb-filled tortilla to create my freezer breakfast burritos. You can get them from Costco and some local grocery stores. Check out where to buy them in your area! You could alternatively make your own cheese wrap just like Folios with these directions!
- Yep, radishes make a perfect swap for starchy potatoes! In fact, once pan-roasted, they DO NOT taste like radishes AT ALL! This is the best keto discovery since fathead pizza dough! The breakfast radishes with diced onions and bell peppers are AMAZING and so easy to make.
- I suggest cooking the scrambled eggs slightly underdone because the reheating process will cook them further.
- I used a pound of bacon, but you could always substitute with breakfast sausage instead.
Keto Freezer Breakfast Burritos
yield: 7 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 45 MINUTES
These hearty breakfast burrito pouches are filled with bacon, cheese, eggs, and seasoned radish breakfast "potatoes".
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 pound radishes, quartered
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheddar cheese
- 7 keto wraps for serving (such as Folios)
Nothing like warm and cheesy homemade freezer breakfast burritos in the morning or truly any time of the day!
The bacon, egg, and cheese combo is perfect and so are the magical breakfast
potatoes, I mean radishes! Consider pairing with a little bit of salsa or hot sauce for an over-the-top yummy breakfast! These are seriously so flavorful and delicious. Such a smart way to make sure you have keto breakfast covered for the week, too – Enjoy!