Make-Ahead Keto Breakfast Burritos – Easy Freezer Meal Prep Idea!
Craving a breakfast burrito?
It’s easy to make a few keto swaps in order to create a killer bacon, egg, and “potato” breakfast burrito! I personally love hearty, filling, and simple keto breakfast ideas. With that said, I’m also sharing a clever way to meal prep make-ahead freezer breakfast burritos!
The secret is to make freezer pouches with burrito filling using sandwich bags!
Then when you’re ready to enjoy, you’ll re-heat the contents in the microwave and wrap up the burrito filling using a keto-friendly wrap, such as Folios, for an awesome burrito experience! No more reheating soggy burritos using this genius method, I promise!
Hip Recipe Tips:
- Yep, radishes make a perfect swap for starchy potatoes! In fact, once pan-roasted, they DO NOT taste like radishes AT ALL! This is the best keto discovery since fathead pizza! The breakfast radishes with diced onions and bell peppers are AMAZING and so easy to make.
- I suggest cooking the scrambled eggs slightly underdone because the reheating process will cook them further.
- I used a pound of bacon, but you could always substitute with breakfast sausage instead.
Keto Freezer Breakfast Burrito
yield: 7 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 45 MINUTES
These hearty breakfast burrito pouches are filled with bacon, cheese, eggs, and seasoned radish breakfast "potatoes".
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 pound radishes, quartered
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheddar cheese
- 7 keto wraps for serving (such as Folios)
Nothing like warm and cheesy homemade freezer breakfast burritos in the morning or truly anytime of the day!
The bacon, egg, and cheese combo is perfect and so are the magical breakfast
potatoes, I mean radishes! Consider pairing with a little bit of salsa or hot sauce for an over the top yummy breakfast! These are seriously so flavorful and delicious. Such a smart way to make sure you have breakfast covered for the week, too – Enjoy!