The Best Pork Rind Pizza Crust (Say Hello to Thin & Crispy Pizza!)
Make it a pizza night!🍕
Searching for a keto pizza crust that’s crunchy and full of flavor? I personally love a good cauliflower and broccoli crust (and of course, you can’t go wrong with fathead dough), but if you miss a thin crust pizza, I’ve got the perfect solution! You can actually make a crispy and delicious pizza crust with pork rinds.
Now hear me out, and don’t knock this pork rind pizza crust idea until you try it. I personally LOVE it so much that I even made a video showing how simple it is to make and how delicious it is to eat. 😋🍕
Pork rinds are already crunchy, and we use them for low-carb “breading” on a lot of keto recipes, so why not use them to make a pizza crust?! This recipe is so simple to make and requires only a few ingredients, too!
I used Pork King Good Pork Rind Crumbs with Italian Seasoning which made my crust so crunchy and flavorful! I definitely recommend these! My sidekick, Taylor, even wrote up a whole post on how much she loves these pork rinds.
Here are a few recipe tips to keep in mind when making keto pork rind pizza crust:
- Be sure to bake pizza crust for 20 minutes before applying toppings. If you add toppings when this crust is uncooked, you’ll end up with a soggy base.
- If you’re in a pinch, you can pulse pork rinds in a food processor to produce the crumbs needed for this recipe. It would be interesting to see how other pork rind flavors work for this recipe.
- The toppings are up to you. Low carb marinara with a healthy dose of cheese is great for a classic, but you can also go supreme with loads of veggies and meats!
- The crust freezes beautifully! Make a few pizza dough balls or flat crusts and freeze them, so when you’re ready for pizza you can just pull out your dough and you’re ready to go.
Pork Rind Pizza Crust
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
Pork rind crumbs are the star of the show in this low carb pizza crust that's as enjoyable to eat as it is to make!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 cup crumbled pork rinds
Pizza is served! 🍕
Who knew pork rinds could become the next cauliflower with how versatile they are! You don’t want to miss trying out this tasty pork rind pizza crust, and I bet even the kiddos will go crazy for it.
My team member, Jenna, gave this recipe a test for me and here’s what she had to say: