Here’s How to Make the Best Keto Mayo
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Easy keto mayo that whips together in under 5 minutes.
Mayo makes everything better.
Just because you’re keto doesn’t mean you have to give up mayo. With a few alterations in place, you’ll have this delicious keto-friendly condiment ready to enjoy. Whether it’s for chicken salads, sandwiches, or on our creative BLT sushi, keto mayo is so easy to make and it’s absolutely delicious.
It requires six ingredients, including eggs, salt, dijon mustard, garlic powder, apple cider vinegar, and avocado oil. Chances are that you probably have these already in your fridge or pantry.
While this mayonnaise recipe is so simple, the real key is the gadget required to whip everything together. Immersion blenders are the best kitchen gadget for dressings and dips—it’s a must-have for any kitchen.
However, if you do not have an immersion blender, you can use a regular blender for this recipe just as well.
Helpful tips when making keto mayo:
- Make sure you slowly add the oil to create the proper emulsion.
- Why avocado oil over olive oil? The neutral flavor and benefits of the avocado outweigh that of olive oil. You can absolutely make this with olive oil but you may get a strong oil taste.
- The mayo may not appear as firm as store-bought brands. Keep in mind there are not the same processed chemicals in it. However, ensuring you add in the oil slowly and letting the mayo chill in the refrigerator will help it firm up.
- You can store a jar of homemade keto mayo for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
yield: 15 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 5 MINUTES
Easy avocado oil keto mayo that whips together in under 5 minutes.
- 2 large whole eggs (farm fresh is the best but store-bought will also work)
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard (or ground mustard if preferred)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup avocado oil
Add all ingredients except avocado oil to a tall jar, such as a 32 oz. wide mouth mason jar. Blend ingredients with an immersion blender.
If you do not have an immersion blender, you can also use a regular blender to start whipping the ingredients into a thick consistency.
Slowly start to add the avocado oil. Make sure you add very slowly as this will give time for the ingredients to blend well together. This should take 1-2 minutes.
Tightly screw on jar cap and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Yield: 15 tablespoons, Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: 138 Calories | 15.2g Fat | 0 Total Carbs | 0 Fiber | 0 Sugar | 0 Sugar Alcohol | 0.9g Protein | 0 Net Carbs
We love how easy it is to whip together this keto-friendly mayo. It’s so creamy and delicious! However, if you prefer to just buy a jar from the store, we don’t blame you. 😉
Here are some healthy store-bought keto mayo options:
Here’s what my teammate Lina thinks of this mayo:
“I cannot believe how easy it is to make delicious mayonnaise!! It tastes even better than store-bought and much healthier. I loved using my hand blender to make this idea. Such a great recipe. You won’t regret trying this for all your keto recipes!”
Learn how to make keto burger sauce using our keto mayo as a base!
That looks delicious, but mayo is keto already, isn’t it
Some mayo has corn syrup in it. If you make this mayo, you’ll ensure that it won’t have corn syrup. Hope this helps!❤