Here’s How to Make the Best Keto Mayo
Easy keto mayo that whips together in under 5 minutes.
Mayo makes everything better.
Just because you’re keto doesn’t mean you have to give up mayo. With a few alterations in place, you’ll have this delicious condiment. Whether it’s for chicken salads, sandwiches, or our creative BLT sushi, keto mayo is so easy to make and it’s absolutely delicious.
It requires six ingredients, including eggs, salt, dijon mustard, garlic powder, apple cider vinegar, and avocado oil. Chances are that you probably have these already in your pantry!
While this mayonnaise recipe is so simple, the real key is the gadget required to whip everything together. Immersion blenders are the best kitchen gadget for dressings and dips—it’s a must-have for any kitchen.
However, if you do not have an immersion blender, you can use a regular blender for this recipe just as well.
Helpful tips for making keto mayo:
- Make sure you slowly add in the oil to create the proper emulsion.
- Why avocado oil over olive oil? The neutral flavor and benefits of the avocado outweigh that of olive oil. You can absolutely make this with olive oil but you may get a strong oil taste.
- The mayo may not appear as firm as store-bought brands. Keep in mind there are not the same processed chemicals in it. However, ensuring you add in the oil slowly and letting the mayo chill in the refrigerator will help it firm up.
- You can store a jar of homemade mayo for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
yield: 15 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 5 MINUTES
Easy avocado oil keto mayo that whips together in under 5 minutes.
- 2 large whole egg (farm fresh is the best but a store-bought egg will also work)
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard (or ground mustard if preferred)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup avocado oil
We love how easy it is to whip together this keto-friendly mayo. It’s so creamy and delicious! However, if you prefer to just buy a jar from the store, we don’t blame you.
Here are some other healthy keto mayo options: