Make Your Own Keto Ketchup – It’s Easy!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
It’s time to ditch the store-bought sugar-filled bottles.
As tasty as ketchup can be, it’s usually full of sugar and preservatives that make it a no-go for keto. Luckily, you can make your own keto ketchup at home in under 30 minutes!
The best part about making homemade keto ketchup is ensuring the sauce is low in sugar! I’m a fan of Lakanto monk fruit sweetener since it does not have a strong after taste but you can switch it up and use any keto-friendly sweetener you prefer. I also used Apple Cider Vinegar for tang, but white vinegar will work the same.
- Store your ketchup in an airtight jar or container. A 4 oz. size typically used for baby food works great, or you can even recycle your old ketchup bottle and fill it with the new keto ketchup.
- Spice it up! Add a teaspoon of sriracha or hot sauce to add a little bit of heat.
- The vinegar in this recipe helps preserve the ketchup, so you can make a large batch and freeze to use later.
- Make your own keto special sauce! Mix equal parts of our keto ketchup and our keto mayo to make keto-friendly special sauce for dipping! So good.
yield: 14 SERVINGS
prep time: 4 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 24 MINUTES
Rich and tangy low-carb ketchup ready in under 30 minutes.
- 6 oz. organic tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener (add an additional tablespoon if you prefer sweeter ketchup)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
This recipe couldn’t be any easier!
You’ll have your very own homemade keto ketchup ready to enjoy in no time, and the whole family will love it!
Don’t feel like making homemade? Check out these keto-friendly ketchup brands you can buy premade: