Keto French Fries Made With Jicama
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Our keto French fries are made with a surprising substitute for low carb snacking.
The perfect alternative to curb your carb-loaded potato craving!
Are you missing French fries? Just because you choose to live a low-carb lifestyle doesn’t mean you have to give up on your favorite dishes. These keto fries have all the salty snacking goodness of traditional fries, but without all the carbs.
Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside thanks to… jicama!
For those of you who don’t know what jicama is, it is often referred to as a Mexican potato or Mexican turnip. It’s a root vegetable, and on the outside looks similar to a potato, but on the inside has a similar texture to an apple or pear. It’s also low in carbs and high in fiber!
Note that the flavor profile isn’t identical to a potato, but still super tasty.
These jicama fries make a perfect keto snack or side dish when those carb cravings hit!
Keto French Fries w/ Jicama
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 55 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 5 MINUTES
These low-carb fries are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside!
- 2 medium-size jicama
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Hip tips for making crispy keto French fries:
- Microwave the jicama for 3 minutes to soften before peeling and cutting. This will help tremendously.
- If using an air fryer, after boiling the jicama, you can toss them in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- For crispier fries, slice thin like a shoestring fry. These will taste even more like true French fries! Just watch them in the oven so they don’t burn too much at the ends.
- Everyone likes their fries a little differently; lots of salt, minimal salt, garlic salt, seasoning salt, etc. No matter how you like yours, feel free to dress them up after baking to your desired taste!
- To create an appetizer with these keto-friendly fries, try adding shredded chicken or pork after baking to create jicama fry nachos. YUM!
- You’ve got to try our homemade keto ketchup with these fries!
These keto-friendly fries really hit the spot!
If you love eating foods that kick those carb cravings to the curb, you’ve got to try these delicious keto breadsticks, too.
Collin tried these keto French fries, too, and here’s what she thinks:
“These fries are tasty! I have to warn you, though, as they don’t taste quite like potatoes, but if you slice them more like shoestring fries and add a bit more salt, that helps. Plus, you get that crispy fry texture too!”
Try dipping these keto French fries into our keto ranch, too!