Make Mornings Easy with Our Keto Breakfast Casserole Cooked in the Crockpot!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Who doesn’t love an easy Crockpot breakfast?
For a lot of people, mornings can be rough and you don’t always have time to cook a full-on breakfast. If that sounds familiar, this keto Crockpot breakfast casserole is for you! You just throw all the ingredients in the Crockpot, turn it on low, and literally go to bed. 😴 You’ll wake up to your kitchen smelling like heaven and have a ready-to-eat breakfast!
This keto breakfast recipe also works great for weekend brunches and potlucks. You could even make this Crockpot keto breakfast casserole for dinner.
Crockpots are so convenient and especially nice during the summer when you don’t want to turn on your oven and heat up the house.
You won’t believe this hearty keto breakfast casserole is keto!
Yep, that’s right. We used radishes in place of potatoes to add a bit more gusto to this breakfast recipe. Sometimes you just don’t feel like using cauliflower as a potato substitute and radishes work great! 😄
And quite honestly, you can hardly even tell that this recipe has radishes in it! As an added bonus, they do look lovely in the layers of the casserole. Even though we think cooked radishes are delicious, you can “trick” your family into eating more of them by peeling off the red skin and then roast the radishes prior to making this casserole. They’ll look just like potatoes!
Tips for making the perfect keto Crockpot breakfast casserole:
- Make sure you grease your Crockpot or use a Crockpot liner to prevent the casserole from sticking.
- You can switch out the bacon for sausage or ham in this keto Crockpot breakfast casserole if you have preferred breakfast meats.
- Mix it up with your favorite keto veggies! Or use whatever vegetables are about to expire in your fridge! Depending on what vegetables you add, keep in mind that you may need to sauté them first to reduce the moisture content.
- Top the Crockpot breakfast casserole with sour cream, avocado, hot sauce, green onions, or more cheese! 🤤
- This casserole will keep in the fridge for up to five days and can be frozen in individual portions for up to three months.
- Near the end of the cooktime, monitor the casserole in the Crockpot to avoid burning or overcooking. If on low, try to check it after six hours, and if on high, check it around the two-hour mark. Mine got a little browned with using butter to grease, but I promise it was still so delicious!
Keto Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 30 MINUTES
cook time: 8 HOURS
total time: 8 HOURS 30 MINUTES
A hearty breakfast consisting of bacon, eggs, radishes, and other low carb add-ins, made overnight in the slow cooker.
- 1 cup of bacon, chopped (7-8 slices of thick cut bacon)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1- 10 oz. bag of spinach
- 2 bunches of radishes, tops and stems removed, cut into quarters
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 cups gruyere cheese, shredded (8 oz.)
- 1 cup of green onions, chopped, divided
- Cooking spray or butter to grease the Crockpot
Make this for your weekday breakfasts!
You need this keto Crockpot breakfast casserole in your life! It makes mornings so much easier and helps ensure that you and your family have a good and filling breakfast to start your day!
My Hip sidekick Jen tried out this recipe and here’s what she had to say:
“This is fantastic! Don’t let the title ‘breakfast’ fool you. This is a big meal that could work for any time of the day. It’s got the perfect blend of flavors and is super easy to make! The gruyere cheese & onion give this recipe an exquisite flavor that the whole family will love!”
Want another easy breakfast? Check out these freezer keto breakfast burritos!