These Easy Keto Chicken Nuggets are Kid-Approved!
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Keto earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Here’s a healthier way to make delicious homemade keto chicken nuggets the entire family will enjoy.
Need a keto dinner idea the kids will be excited to eat, too?
It’s something I struggle with, and I’ll try anything to avoid making two separate dinners. However, this yummy and easy skillet chicken nuggets recipe uses ground chicken to make keto-friendly “breaded” nuggets, which I’m happy to report are kid-approved.
My kids loved this meal and I’m gladly fitting it in my family’s meal rotation!
These crispy keto chicken nuggets rock!
There’s nothing not to love about this idea. For instance, the process includes simply mixing up your ground chicken with almond flour, egg, and seasonings. Then roll into small balls, dip into egg, coat with almond flour mixture, and pan-fry.
Get ready to bite into crispy and delicious keto chicken nuggets!
Tips for making these keto chicken nuggets:
- Feel free to use either ground chicken or ground turkey for this recipe as either will work. I like using a potato masher to combine ingredients.
- You’ll be rolling your ground chicken mixture into balls first, and when you press down on them, they will have a perfect chicken nugget shape!
- Grease your hands first with a little oil before rolling the shapes, and it will go so much easier without sticking.
- You can make a bunch of nuggets ahead of time for meal prep and warm & serve throughout the week. They’d be yummy re-heated in the air fryer. They will last in the fridge for up to 4 days in a container.
Keto Chicken Nuggets
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 25 MINUTES
cook time: 6 MINUTES
total time: 31 MINUTES
Make these kid-approved ground chicken nuggets in a skillet!
For the nuggets:
- 1 pound ground chicken or ground turkey
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
For the "breading":
Pair your keto chicken nuggets with any keto-friendly condiments you prefer!
My favorite is mayo mixed with a little sriracha hot sauce! So yum. Full-fat Caesar could work too, or even ranch dressing. YUM! There were no complaints from my kids, and they asked for these again.
I love when a meal turns out successful and no one even discusses if it’s keto or not! 😄
Collin made these nuggets recently and here’s what she had to say:
“These easy keto nuggets were so yummy! My biggest tip would be to keep them on the smaller side so that they fry up nicely. I feel like we made them a bit too big. Keto fries using jicama are a great addition to this dish. Also, I made our keto honey mustard recipe as a dipping sauce. SO YUM!”