Keto Chicken Alfredo Casserole is Creamy, Cheesy, Low Carb Heaven
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Are keto casseroles a staple in your household, too?
Casseroles can be so simple yet so delicious. Using shredded chicken and Lina’s alfredo sauce, this dish is already mouthwatering, but when you add cheese and veggies to the mix… OH MY! This is a great comfort food meal!
Tips for making the best keto chicken alfredo casserole:
- This is an easy casserole to make ahead of time and freeze for a busy weeknight.
- Not a fan of spinach? No worries! Just add your favorite vegetable to the dish – for example, broccoli is a great alternative. You could even swap the spinach and throw in some zoodles! Zoodles really do make me forget about pasta, so they would be a great substitution in this casserole. YUMMO! I think next time I might try substituting the spinach for Palmini noodles – that might really be a game-changer!
- If you want to speed up the time for this recipe, you can buy pre-shredded chicken or even grab a rotisserie chicken from Sam’s or Costco.
- I always make a Crock-Pot full of chicken at the beginning of the week and then use it throughout the week to make different dinners. It’s definitely a big time saver on busy weeknights! Another option is to boil your chicken like we did when making this amazing casserole.
- Did you know that you can use your mixer to shred chicken? It’s super easy to do! I just throw the chicken into my KitchenAid mixer with the paddle attachment on, set it to low for about a minute, and mix. Easy peasy, and it’s perfectly shredded without having to do it by hand.
Keto Chicken Alfredo Casserole
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 35 MINUTES
total time: 50 MINUTES
Comforting casserole with creamy alfredo sauce, spinach, and hearty chicken. You'd never guess it's low-carb!
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9"x13" pan with butter or olive oil to prevent sticking.
To make our keto-friendly alfredo sauce:
- Melt butter and cream cheese in a medium saucepan or skillet on the stove using medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and stir in parmesan cheese a little at a time, stirring until incorporated.
- Let melt and thicken for 5-7 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together shredded cooked chicken, spinach, riced cauliflower, basil, onion, egg, and cheddar cheese.
Pour shredded chicken mixture into the greased 9"x13" pan.
Pour alfredo sauce over the chicken mixture and top with mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 35 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly. Serve and enjoy!
Yield: 8, Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: 426 Calories | 29.9g Fat | 6g Total Carbs | 1.2g Fiber | 3g Sugar | 0g Sugar Alcohol | 33g Protein | 4.8g Net Carbs
Dinner is served!
This keto chicken alfredo may be my new favorite low-carb casserole. 😋 It’s full of rich, creamy goodness from the cheese and the sauce. My husband likes to take some of the leftovers to work the next day for his lunch and it reheats beautifully. I like to throw on a little bit of ground pepper and some parmesan cheese for an extra kick of flavor when having leftovers.
Love easy dinners? Try our popular chicken broccoli casserole next!
Hi there how many grams weight is the bag of frozen riced cauliflower? We have 250 & 300 gram containers of it.
How many ounces for the cauliflower? I have a big bag from Costco! Or how many cups?
I used a 10oz. bag which is about 3 cups.
This was a hit at our house! Delicious!
Thanks, Jenifer! I’m so glad to hear.
Could you omit the cauliflower, or is there something else I could substitute? My husband isn’t a fan.
Yes! We have also liked this with broccoli! Hope that helps!
I used spaghetti squash.
Do you need to thaw the riced cauliflower first and or drain out any excess liquid?
Hey Karen, you do not need to thaw out the cauliflower. The excess liquid is the perfect amount for the dish. Just throw it in and go 🙂
Do you cook the spinach first?
Nope! Be sure to mix in as pictured and listed above. Hope that helps!
Sounds great, made the sauce tonight and cooked the chicken. Casserole will be assembled tomorrow with a big salad perfect meal.
Great job! Enjoy your meal tomorrow, Marion!
Made this with fresh, blanched cauliflower and broccoli. Delicious!
Yay! That’s great to hear! Thanks for sharing how yummy it turned out with cauliflower and broccoli! 😋
Can this be put in freezer before cooking?
Yes, that should be fine.
What can I use in place of heavy cream ? I don’t like it at all. Also I’m doing keto do can not do regular milk
Hi Kristin! Oh Darn – we aren’t aware of a substitute that would also fit keto nutrition- thanks
You could use canned full fat coconut milk.
What can be substituted for the cauliflower?
Hi Adrin! We have also made this with broccoli! Hope that helps!
Hello! I do not know much about cooking at all, hahaha, so I was wondering, how do you make your chicken in the crock pot at the beginning of the week? I would love to do this, but have no clue where to start on cook times, seasoning, etc. Thanks!
Hi Kaitlyn! You can cook your chicken on low for 8 hours. It can be seasoned with salt and pepper or any favorite seasoning you prefer, for example taco seasoning. Hope this helps!
About how much is one serving size?
Hi Maddie! This recipe makes 8 servings. Hope that might help!
This was so good! I used broccoli and canned chicken. I also forgot the onion. This will go into a regular rotation.
Hi Danisims! Thank you for the feedback❤ So glad to hear you liked it!
Made this last night, Wow! Total keeper. Easy and amazing flavor.
Oh good! We’re SO glad you enjoyed it, David! Thanks a bunch for stopping by to let us know how it turned out for you!
Did this for Mother’s Day meal today. Family loved it. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
Hi Dennis!! Lol!! Love the whimsical saying!! This is a favorite in our house too. So glad that you were able to enjoy with your family❤
Anyone ever use ground chicken? I love ground chicken and isnt as likely to dry out.
Can you freeze this after baking?
Yes! That will work! Enjoy!
What is the sodium content per serving on this recipe, my husband has to watch his salt intake?
Hi Lynda! When we plugged in the numbers on MyFittnessPal it was 903mg for the sodium. Hope this helps!
Can I leave out the spinach too much vitamin K for me
Yup! You could leave that out. It should still be yummy, however it will change the nutritional values a bit.
SO happy to hear how much you enjoyed it! Thanks for commenting!
A lot of the recipes call for cooked chicken. What chicken pieces are you using and how is it being cooked for this recipe and it possible also the chicken popper soup
Hi Tonya! You can use pre shredded chicken or purchase a rotisserie chicken from Sam’s Club, Costco or a local grocery store. You could use that same chicken for the soup. https://hip2keto.com/recipes/keto-jalapeno-popper-chicken-soup/
Hope this helps!
Delicious. I used 3 big cans of chicken from Costco. Served it to 8 women in my bible study group and they loved it. This is the 2nd recipe of yours that I have tried and have loved them both. I will keep trying more recipes. I am so glad I discovered your website.
We are so glad you found us, too! I’m so happy to hear your group loved this casserole. Have a great day, Kathy!
Shredded or grated parmesean cheese?
You can use either one!
Made this last night. Fabulous. How would you recommend reheating individually frozen portions in the microwave?
I reheat mine for one minute in the microwave, CC!
Does this entrée freeze well?
Yes! This can be frozen!