Warm Up with Keto Jalapeño Popper Chicken Soup
It’s time to heat things up a bit!
We love easy keto soups that are packed with flavor and this jalapeño popper soup definitely brings a kick! It’s balanced out by the creamy, cheesy base having you ladling up a second bowl before you know it.
This hearty soup will also keep you full for longer with the addition of protein-rich chicken and bacon. Make up a big batch of this delightful soup for a delicious cold-weather meal to enjoy all week long!
- Using heavy whipping cream and cheeses will thicken up the soup but if you are wanting an even thicker soup, add in 1/2 teaspoon of xantham gum and it will do just the trick.
- If you’re in a time crunch, use a rotisserie chicken and just dice up the meat. It will save you a lot of time!
- Want to make it vegetarian? Use chopped cauliflower in place of chicken chunks for heartiness and crunchy texture.
Keto Jalapeño Popper Chicken Soup
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
Rich and creamy soup with the perfect amount of spicy jalapeño heat!
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded/diced
- 8 strips of bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3/4 cup -1 cup(roughly 4-6 large jalapeños) , seeded and diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
I love a simple soup that is loved by the whole family—my kids and husband all had more than seconds.
Plan to make this next time you’re in a time crunch to get dinner ready during the week or when you’re hosting a big group for Sunday Game Day.
Want more? Try out this Keto French Onion Soup next!