Warm Up with Keto Chicken Jalapeno Popper Soup
It’s time to heat things up a bit!
We love easy keto soups that are packed with flavor and this keto chicken jalapeno popper soup definitely brings a kick! It’s balanced out by the creamy, cheesy base that will have you ladling up a second bowl before you know it.
This hearty soup will also keep you full for longer with the addition of protein-rich chicken and bacon. Make up a big batch of this Keto chicken jalapeño popper soup for a delicious cold-weather meal to enjoy all week long!
Hip tips for making the best keto chicken jalapeño popper soup:
- Using heavy whipping cream and cheeses will really help to thicken up the soup, but if you are wanting an even thicker soup, add in 1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum and it will do just the trick.
- If you’re in a time crunch, use a rotisserie chicken and just dice up the meat. It will save you a lot of time, and you’ll be surprised at just how much meat you’ll be able to pull from just one small chicken!
- Want to make it vegetarian? Use chopped radishes or cauliflower in place of chicken chunks for heartiness and a crunchy texture. I also like to sometimes throw in some chopped celery.
Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
Cheese, spicy jalapenos, chicken, & bacon combine to make a rich, creamy keto soup the whole family will love.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded/diced
- 8 strips of bacon
- 3/4 cup - 1 cup (roughly 4-6 large jalapeños), seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Easy peasy, and oh so cheesy!
I love a simple soup that is loved by the whole family—my kids and husband all had more than seconds. I really like to throw in a little extra cheese on top of mine, there’s really no such thing as too much cheese, right?
Plan to make this the next time you’re in a time crunch to get dinner ready during the week, or when you’re having relatives over for a get-together.
My Hip sidekick Jenna made this recipe and here’s what she thought!
“This is officially a family favorite in my home, and every last one of us went back for seconds. We all love a good soup, and this is a REALLY GOOD soup! This made plenty for the whole family and reheats nicely. Make this delicious low carb soup ASAP!”
Hungry for more soup? Try out this Keto French Onion Soup next!