This Gooey Keto Chicken Fajita Casserole is Packed with Flavor!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Bake a hearty chicken fajita casserole featuring a rainbow of sautéed peppers and a delicious blend of cheeses and seasonings.
This twist on chicken fajitas needs to be on your dinner table tonight!
I don’t know about you but I can never have enough casseroles in my recipe book. My family requests my chicken fajita casserole often and I sure do enjoy making it. It’s packed with flavor from the various peppers, onions, and a homemade keto fajita seasoning. This low-carb casserole will have you dancing in your seat.
Watch how EASY this chicken fajita casserole is to to make on YouTube!
Give your casserole a kick!
I’m a huge fan of peppers so I used all the colors, but if you aren’t a fan of certain bell pepper varieties, you can double up on the ones you love. Add some fresh sliced avocados or guacamole, and a dollop of sour cream, and your Taco Tuesday will be better than ever!
Keto Chicken Fajita Casserole
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 40 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 60 MINUTES
This delicious Mexican-inspired keto chicken fajita casserole is filled with peppers, cheese, chicken, and more. A low-carb casserole your entire family will love!
For the fajita seasoning:
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
For the casserole:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 10 oz. can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 4 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. bag Mexican cheese mix, shredded
- avocado or guacamole
- jalapeño, sliced
- sour cream
Tips for making the best keto chicken fajita casserole:
- I bought shredded chicken already cooked from the store for convenience. You can boil chicken breasts instead, and then shred the meat for this recipe.
- I compiled a homemade keto fajita seasoning for this casserole — it really tastes so much better than store-bought. However, if you’re running short on time, feel free to grab a package of your favorite low-carb taco seasoning instead.
- I didn’t drain the can of Rotel tomatoes when adding them to this recipe. By not draining, it really boosts the flavor while achieving the perfect consistency.
A real fiesta for your taste buds!
This keto chicken fajita casserole combines all of my favorite Mexican-inspired flavors into one delicious dish. I love ordering fajitas at restaurants when I go out and I always skip the tortillas to save on carbs. But with this casserole, you won’t even miss them. I gotta tell ya, it’s even better reheated the next day for lunch. 😋
Love Mexican food too? Check out all of our keto Mexican recipes!
Here’s what my teammate Jenna had to say about this recipe:
“This keto chicken fajita casserole is so tasty! I love the fresh-tasting peppers combined with the creamy chicken. The homemade keto taco seasoning really gives it a great flavor, and the cream cheese all mixed in is such a home run. Also, this reheats beautifully, and I may or may not have had some for breakfast the next morning! 😋”