Have You Tried Our 2-Ingredient Cheese Waffle Keto Snacks Yet?
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Keto snacking is simplified with our addicting cheese waffle snacks!
Easy keto snacks are the best!
Have you seen all of the viral recipes lately on social media using the Dash Mini Waffle Maker? With only a few simple ingredients, you can make delicious crunchy cheese waffles in minutes. Now that’s my kind of snack! 😋
I spotted this video from Good Eats With Rose on TikTok, and she cleverly combined two simple ingredients together to create the ultimate keto fried pickle cheese waffle recipe. I ran to my fridge and grabbed some pickles and shredded cheese to try out this recipe ASAP!
I love simple but comforting low-carb snacks, and this one checks all of the boxes! You could have this for a quick keto snack, lunch, or even make a few and have an appetizer spread.
I couldn’t help myself and took it a step further by making a few variations of these keto cheese waffles: the original pickles & cheese, Monterey Jack & jalapeño cheddar, and cheddar bacon. Variety is the spice of life so why not! 😋
Keto Cheese Waffles
yield: 1 SERVINGS
prep time: 1 MINUTES
cook time: 3 MINUTES
total time: 4 MINUTES
With just a mini waffle maker, shredded cheese, and yummy add-ins, you can make these tasty & crunchy keto snacks!
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 slices no sugar added dill pickles (I used hamburger-style chips)
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, diced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup crumbled bacon
- Lay the pickles on a paper towel and pat dry. I prefer cutting the pickles into smaller slices so each bite has a piece of pickle, but you can leave them whole if you like.
- Add half of the shredded cheese to your mini waffle maker (no need to spray beforehand). Top with pickles then the remaining cheese. Shut the top of the waffle maker and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the cheesy waffle and let it cool on a paper towel or cutting board. Once cooled to the touch, fold in half like a taco, and let cool further to crisp up even more.
- Dip into your favorite keto ranch or eat plain.
- Add half the shredded cheese to your mini waffle maker (no need to spray beforehand). Top with diced jalapeño then remaining cheese. Shut the top of the waffle maker and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Removed cheesy waffle and let it cool on a paper towel or cutting board. Once cooled to the touch, fold in half like a taco. Let it cool further to crisp up even more.
- Dip into your favorite keto ranch or sour cream.
- Add half the shredded cheese to your mini waffle maker (no need to spray beforehand). Top with crumbled bacon then remaining cheese. Shut the top and let the mixture cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Removed cheesy waffle and let it cool on a paper towel or cutting board. Once cooled to the touch, fold in half like a taco. Let cool even further to crisp up.
- Dip into your favorite keto ranch or eat plain.
Fried Pickle Nutrition Info:
Amount Per Serving: 221.9 Calories | 18g Fat | 2.4g Total Carbs | 0g Fiber | 0g Sugar | 12g Protein | 2.4g Net Carbs
Monterey Jalapeño Nutrition Info:
Amount Per Serving: 221.6 Calories | 16g Fat | 2.4g Total Carbs | 2.2g Fiber | 0g Sugar | 12.1g Protein | 0.2g Net Carbs
Cheddar Bacon Nutrition Info:
Amount Per Serving: 290 Calories | 23g Fat | 2g Total Carbs | 0g Fiber | 0g Sugar | 20g Protein | 2g Net Carbs
Yield: 1, Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: 228 Calories | 18.8g Fat | 1.9g Total Carbs | 0g Fiber | 0g Sugar | 12.9g Protein | 1.9g Net Carbs
Tips for making 2-ingredient crunchy cheese waffles in the Dash Mini Waffle Maker:
- The Dash Mini Waffle Maker is one of the most in-demand small kitchen appliances lately. Grab one online from Target or Amazon. Mine is the griddle design with grill lines instead of grid squares.
- Many of the videos I’ve seen show someone spraying the waffle maker with cooking spray, but I’ve found that I end up with a crispier texture by skipping this step. The cheese produces enough fat that it will not stick to the waffle maker.
- Be patient! This is a quick process, but to get that deliciously crunchy texture, you’ll need to leave it in longer than a normal waffle. I suggest leaving it in for at least 3 minutes, then checking to see if it is done to your liking.
- Grab some keto ranch or low-carb marinara sauce to dip your snacks in!
This simple cheese waffle recipe is almost TOO good!
The only negative thing I could think of about this simple keto recipe is the fact that it is so dang good that I couldn’t just eat one. I ended up making six of the crunchy cheese waffles and ate them all. Oops!
I made a batch for my boys to enjoy when they got home from school, too. I loved being able to serve them a delicious snack that wasn’t packed with a bunch of sugar!
Next time you’re looking around thinking you have nothing to throw together, you might be surprised what you can make in your Dash mini waffle maker, like these irresistible cheese crisps!
The jalapeño popper one is amazing!!!!!!
It is pretty great! Thanks for letting us know what you thought, kimb!
Made two cheddar to accompany my fried eggs also a side of avocado slices. Super yummy breakfast this morning.
Ooh! Sounds delicious, Maribel! 😋 Thanks for sharing!
Add a tablespoon of ground pork rinds to the eggs!
Thanks for the suggestion, Laurie! That idea for eggs does sound good!
I’ve seen something similar with sliced onions to make an onion ring of sorts!
How do they keep their shape??
Hi there! They should keep well in the taco shape once completely cooled. Hope that helps!
I cooked mine in a sandwich maker. came out great.
Yay! Happy to hear that, Deloras! I’ve made them in my sandwich maker too!
So easy and so good! These little things filled a void in my life..ha! Thank you for posting! I come home from hungry and tired…incoming fried cheese deliciousness to save the day! These are really so quick to make that I can satisfy a craving for “comfort food” in minutes. I can make one as a “snack” that keeps me going until it’s officially dinner time!
Wow! It’s fantastic how much you like these and they help satisfy your cravings! Thank you, Ambermc!
Love the pickle idea! Onion and cheese is like an onion ring, so good.
Thanks for commenting, April! Glad you are loving the pickle idea. Hope you love it if you decide to give it a try!
I bought and used my first dash waffle maker today. I made the cheese with jalapeno and bacon. It was delish. Then i go to wash it and start to dry it and the little dash fell out of my hands hit the floor and cracked a piece off the top. 😭
Oh no! I hope you can still use it, Deanna!
Deanna if you still have the piece that broke off try gluing it back on with heat resistant glue if the top gets hot. If not regular E-6000 should work and come to think of it that may be a heat resistant glue just check to make sure. You can also get sample sizes of Apoxie Sculpt and mend it that way. I use the putty on many many things. Walmart, Michaels and other craft stores should carry it. Good Luck
We love these so much that I bought the full size dash waffle maker.It makes 4 squares at a time!Wish I could share a picture!🤗
YUM! Such a great idea to make more at once! Happy you are loving these!
Thanks so much,for this idea! We ordered our mini waffle maker and made mini avocado tostadas. They came out Super Delisiosas!! This is a great crunchy healthy snack!!!!
Those sound amazing! Thanks for the feedback!
Do you know if they can be made ahead and how to store so they can be taken to work
You could try that, however they may not be as crispy. Maybe pat them dry of any excess moisture or grease and then put them in a sealed sandwich bag once they cool. Hoping that helps!
How many do you get for a serving 221 calories
You get one per serving. Hope this helps!
My Gluten free 9 year old daughter & I just made this. We both agreed it was awesome. We are going to try jalapeno peppers in it tomorrow. 😋 We look pictures through our process. It was fun, quick and delish!
Yay! SO glad you both enjoyed these! Thanks so much for your feedback, Lisa & Khloey! Hope you love the peppers too!
I’m thinking of a pizza style…. mozzarella cheese with pepperoni slices…
Sounds yummy! 😋 Enjoy!
Hi there, these sound wonderful.
I have to watch my sodium, potassium intake. Your nutrient value don’t show.
Are you able to provide for these recipes? Totally appreciate it!
Thank you in advance.
Hi Marcy! We run all of our numbers through CarbManager so these are the figures they had available:
How do you remove it? I removed mine and cheese was just melted, couldn’t take it out as one piece unless I rolled it over to the other side.
You may have to cook it a little longer so it’s more crispy.
Just tried the pickle one, very yummy. Ty for all your great recipes 🙂
You’re so welcome, Lisa! 🤗 Glad you’re enjoying them! Thank YOU for the feedback! 💖