2-Ingredient Cheese Waffle Keto Snacks w/ Pickles, Jalapeños, Or Bacon!
Looking for a quick and easy keto snack?
Have you seen all of the viral recipes lately on social media using the Dash Mini Waffle Maker? With only a few simple ingredients you can make delicious crunchy cheese waffles in minutes. Now that’s my kind of snack! 😋
Easy peasy keto snackin’!
I spotted this video from Good Eats With Rose on Tik Tok, and she cleverly combined two simple ingredients together to create the ultimate keto fried pickle cheese waffle recipe. I ran to my fridge and grabbed some pickles and shredded cheese to try out this recipe ASAP!
I couldn’t help myself and took it a step further by making a few variations of these keto cheese waffles: the original pickles & cheese, Monterey Jack & jalapeño cheddar, and cheddar bacon. Variety is the spice of life so why not! 😋
Tips for making 2-ingredient crunchy cheese waffles in the Dash Mini Waffle Maker:
- The Dash Mini Waffle Maker is one of the most in-demand small kitchen appliances right now and sells out quite often. Grab one online from Target or Amazon.
- Many of the videos I’ve seen show someone spraying the waffle maker with cooking spray. I’ve found that I end up with a crispier texture by skipping this step. The cheese produces enough fat that it will not stick to the waffle maker.
- Be patient! This is a quick process, but to get that deliciously crunchy texture, you’ll need to leave it in longer than a normal waffle. I suggest leaving it in for at least 3 minutes, then check to see if it is done to your liking.
2-Ingredient Cheesy Waffle Snacks
yield: 1 SERVINGS
prep time: 1 MINUTES
cook time: 3 MINUTES
total time: 4 MINUTES
With just a mini waffle maker, shredded cheese, and yummy add-ins, you can make these tasty & crunchy keto snacks!
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 slices no sugar added dill pickles (I used hamburger-style chips)
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, diced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup crumbled bacon
This simple cheese waffle recipe is almost TOO good!
The only negative thing I could think of about this simple keto recipe is the fact that it is so dang good that I couldn’t just eat one. I ended up making six of the crunchy cheese waffles and ate them all. Oops! I made a batch for my boys to enjoy when they got home from school, too. I loved being able to serve them a delicious snack that wasn’t packed with a bunch of sugar!
Next time you’re looking around thinking you have nothing to throw together, you might be surprised what you can make in your Dash mini waffle maker – like these irresistible cheese crisps!