Keto Baked Feta Zoodles – Easy TikTok Viral Recipe Idea!
Curious about all the buzz surrounding a baked block of feta cheese?
I’m sharing this baked feta pasta viral recipe idea from TikTok that has the internet shook, except I’m dishing it up keto style! Luckily the only real swap needed to enjoy this as an easy low carb meal is to serve it up with your favorite keto-friendly pasta swap! I’m serving my keto baked feta with yummy zucchini zoodles. You can also browse here for other keto pasta alternatives!
Cherry tomatoes, feta, garlic, and olive oil are the main ingredients baked in a roasting dish, and are easy pantry staples you may even have on hand! This is an easy, casual meal that looks and tastes oh so YUMMY.
Once roasted in the oven, the result is a rich and creamy tomato feta sauce that has lots of garlic and herb flavor, served over zucchini noodles. The beauty of this idea is you can basically “eyeball” the ingredients and overall this keto recipe is low effort, which I LOVE!
Where did this brilliant TikTok idea actually come from?
The idea called ”Uuni Feta Pasta” originated in Finland by a few chefs and was made popular by a few food bloggers there, like these posts from Jenni Hayrinen. The word “Uuni” translates to oven in Finland (hence why it’s baked!) and rumor has it, this popular idea even caused a feta shortage there in 2019. 😆
Tips for making the BEST keto baked feta zoodles:
- In a rush? Try the stove instead! I have read you can skip the oven and melt the “sauce” ingredients on the stove using a saucepan for a faster version instead of roasting in the oven. I have not tested that method, but could see it working out too for a similar variation!
- This idea is so versatile and can easily be adapted to taste. I seasoned mine with Italian seasoning and chili flakes. I think adding grilled chicken or shrimp would be awesome too!
- If you’re planning not to eat all of it, consider not mixing the sauce with all the zucchini noodles and instead only prepare enough keto noodles to eat for that meal. You can store this yummy sauce in a covered container for a few days in the fridge and reheat with more zoodles later.
Keto Baked Feta Zoodles
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 45 MINUTES
Creamy baked herb-seasoned feta cheese sauce with roasted tomatoes served over zucchini noodles.
- 1 1/2 pints cherry tomatoes (15 oz.)
- 1/2 a medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 7 oz. block of feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt & pinch of pepper
- 5-6 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 medium/large zucchini or squash
Easy meal ideas like this are my jam!
This keto baked feta zoodles dish may be my very favorite TikTok trend yet, and I’m excited for you to try it. I did not realize how much I’d love melted feta and roasted tomatoes together!
This is a healthy, easy-to-make, delicious keto idea you’re family will LOVE!
My teammate Jenna tried this baked feta pasta too and here’s what she had to say:
“Wow!! I like this one even better than the kind with actual pasta! Those zoodles take it to a whole other dimension! I love all these flavors together, and how creamy it gets thanks to that big chunk of feta – YUM! My daughter and I both enjoyed huge helpings of this for lunch and I would certainly make it again. And it’s so easy!”