Grill These Keto Bacon-Wrapped Avocado Burger Bombs
Attention, keto burger fans!
Love bacon, burgers, and avocados? You’re gonna want to head outside and fire up that BBQ grill to make these delicious low-carb and keto avocado-stuffed, bacon-wrapped burger bombs! It’s basically any low carb loving person’s dream meal, and it’s such a unique spin on the typical cheeseburger.
These burger bombs are actually pretty simple and fun to make.
The basic idea is to stuff a whole (pitted) avocado with cheese, then wrap it with ground beef and bacon, and grill it to perfection. The result is a melted cheesy meaty burger bomb sure to satisfy your keto appetite. We added chopped onions and jalapenos to our ground beef to spice things up!
- Use any type of shredded cheese, any desired keto-friendly seasonings, and add-ins.
- Try using softer cheeses, aged cheeses don’t melt enough. I also found that using a large chunk of cheese doesn’t melt as nice as shredded will.
- Choose a thinner cut of bacon, so it gets crispy and fully cooks easily.
- Choose a small/medium avocado, or maybe just wrap half of one if using large avocados.
- Use a meat thermometer to read the temperature of meat if possible. 160 degrees internal temperature is cooked to medium.
- Take this meal to grill while camping!
Bacon-Wrapped Avocado Burger Bombs
yield: 2 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
Cheesy stuffed avocados get wrapped with ground beef and bacon for an insanely delicious keto meal!
- 2 small avocados
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapenos
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pinch of black pepper
- 6 slices of bacon