These Crunchy Keto Chicken Tenders are Kid-Approved!
Raise your hand if your kids love chicken tenders!
These crunchy keto chicken tenders are going to be a winner in your home – even with picky eaters! This deliciously CRUNCHY chicken tenders recipe uses an unexpected zero carb main ingredient for breading – PORK RINDS!?
Yes, I know… pork rinds might seem odd, but let me tell you – these have an excellent flavor and texture!
Just dip chicken tenders in the egg wash, coat them in the breading, and bake for a yummy, kid-approved meal idea! You could definitely season however you’d like, and you can even fry them on the stove if desired. YUM!
Note: I used a mix of both the spicy and regular variety of pork rinds for extra flavor, and they were not too spicy for the kids.
Crunchy Keto Chicken Tenders
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
These easy, crispy chicken tenders taste great AND are kid-approved!
- 1.5 pounds raw chicken tenders
- 3 cups pork rinds
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- salt & pepper
- cooking spray of choice
Oh my goodness… SO GOOOD!
These chicken tenders were gone in minutes, and no one even asked what the breading was! I like that they are super easy to make with so few ingredients.
If pork rinds aren’t your thing, consider using almond flour instead, like in these Grain-Free Almond Flour Chicken Tenders. They are similar, but they don’t have that same crispy texture.
- When baking crispy chicken tenders, I always stack a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil for easy cleanup. This will help air circulate underneath for crispier results.
- Skip the oven altogether and cook em’ in an air fryer! I love the air fryer method because the tenders are juicy on the inside and wonderfully crispy on the outside. Here’s how:
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees. Prepare tenders as instructed for the oven method.
- Coat the air fryer basket generously with cooking oil spray of choice, and place chicken tenders in the basket leaving a bit of space in between. Lightly coat each tender with additional cooking spray.
- Fry for 10-15 minutes, flipping once midway through cooking.
- Repeat with remaining chicken tenders. ENJOY!