Chick-fil-A Who?! We Made a Keto Version of Their Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Who needs the restaurant when you can make a keto version of Chick-fil-A’s Grilled Chicken Sandwich at home?!
Do you have a Chick-fil-A where you live? If not, the popular fast-food chain has one of the yummiest grilled chicken club sandwiches on its menu. We thought it’d be fun to recreate the sandwich at home, but making it keto of course.
And let me tell you, I’m not joking when I say that our copycat Chick-fil-A grilled chicken club outshines the one you get from the drive-thru, from the pickle brined filet, to the honey-roasted BBQ sauce. Speaking of… the sauce 🤤 oh my goodness, it makes the sandwich!
Homemade is always better!
Now it does take more time to make this copycat Chick-fil-A grilled chicken club sandwich at home, but it’s totally worth it! To make this sandwich, you’ll start off by pounding the chicken breasts to an even thickness and then brine them in pickle juice. I used the same pickle juice marinade that we used for our Keto Southern Fried Chicken Bites.
While the chicken is marinating, you’ll cook the bacon, make the tastiest keto honey-roasted barbecue sauce, and prepare the lettuce and tomatoes. Then all you have to do is pan grill the chicken, top with cheese, and assemble. Super easy!
Tips for making the best copycat Keto Chick-fil-A Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich:
- Don’t skip out on the pickle juice brine for the chicken fillets! It adds amazing flavor and truly makes this recipe a Chick-fil-A copycat.
- If you use small-ish size chicken breasts (4-6 ounces) or chicken cutlets, you probably won’t have to pound the chicken. Pounding the chicken breasts allows for even cooking time by having an even thickness and helps prevent the chicken from drying out while cooking.
- The honey-roasted barbecue sauce is an absolute must! In fact, you should double the recipe to have extra for other meals. It’s so, so good!
- You could use a keto bun instead of a lettuce wrap, but I highly recommend using butter lettuce!
Copycat Keto Chick-fil-A Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 30 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 45 MINUTES
Pickle juice brined chicken breasts pan-grilled and topped with keto honey-roasted barbecue sauce, Colby jack cheese, bacon, and tomatoes.
- 4 chicken breasts (about 8 oz. each)
- 2 cups pickle juice
- 8 slices of applewood smoked bacon
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 head of butter lettuce or green leaf lettuce
- 4 slices Colby jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for cooking chicken
Keto Honey-Roasted Barbecue Sauce:
How amazing does that look? Yum!
You’re going to want to make this copycat Chick-fil-A keto grilled chicken club sandwich over and over again! It was a big hit at my house, even the teenagers liked it!
My Hip sidekick Jenna made this keto Chick-fil-a copycat recipe and here’s what she had to say:
“This is such an awesome sandwich and I love everything about it! We are huge CFA fans but don’t get to go often as there isn’t one near us. But oh man, did this copycat sandwich hit the spot! I love the pickled brined chicken, it makes it sooo juicy, but that sauce may be my absolute favorite part of the whole sandwich. If you couldn’t tell already, I definitely plan on making this again!”
Love this copycat recipe? Check out our Wendy’s Keto Chocolate Frosty next!