A Week of Easy Keto School Lunch Ideas to Pack This Year
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
If you’ll be packing low carb or keto school lunches this year, listen up!
Today I’m sharing a week of easy portable lunch ideas that are yummy and simple to pack for school. If you’re struggling with the idea of packing healthy keto lunches for your kids, never fear – because it’s probably easier than you think!
My biggest tip is to make school lunches with smaller bites of foods your kids love, and make it bright and visually appealing, too. Create simple, fun bento style lunches with a few different grab-and-go snacks, meats, and cheeses.
You can even use leftovers from last night’s grilled chicken, and cater everything to your child’s tastes and nutritional needs. I’m a fan of using up odds and ends from the fridge/pantry, and this is a great way to do that.
- Use a bento-style lunch container. I found these Good Cook food prep containers, and they work perfectly for packing school lunches. The lids secure nicely, and they wash up great in the dishwasher.
- Use paper cupcake liners as dividers. It’s an easy way to keep things separated. Silicone liners also work great and can be re-used afterward!
- Get your kids involved by giving them meal options for the week. Then have them pick items that sound yummy, and they’ll be more likely to eat it and enjoy.
- Use up odds and ends in the fridge/pantry. Having lunch with small amounts of foods (bento box style), allows you to use up miscellaneous items in the fridge, like a few remaining fresh veggies and strawberries.
1. Chicken salad lettuce cup
Whip up a batch of your favorite chicken salad and serve on a piece of romaine lettuce. On the side, I’ve included strawberries, a hard-boiled egg, and cheese on tomato skewers.
2. Cold chicken pesto with mozzarella cheese
Turn last night’s leftover grilled chicken into a delicious and easy cold lunch! I tossed in a tablespoon of pesto sauce with chopped up chicken breast, a mozzarella cheese stick, and cherry tomatoes. On the side, add strawberries and a hard-boiled egg.
3. Pepperoni and cheese snack lunch
Keep things simple with a yummy snack lunch! Here I’ve featured pepperoni slices, cheese cubes, nuts, and raspberries. Spread nut butter or cream cheese on celery for a fun addition, too.
4. Meat and cheese roll-ups
Roll up sliced salami and Colby cheese, and secure with a toothpick for a quick lunch. On the side, I added cucumber, feta, and tomato salad. Blueberries and almonds are also great additions to consider.
5. Pickle ham and cheese rolls
These ham, cream cheese, and pickle roll-ups are so YUMMY and luckily easy to make for a quick lunch! I’ve added some fresh broccoli and bell pepper dippers. You can throw in a little separate ranch container along with your lunch. Celery with cream cheese and Everything But the Bagel seasoning is a delicious add on, too!
Do you have any keto lunch-packing tips to share? Let us know in the comments, so we can all brainstorm together!