Make the BEST Keto Taco Soup in Your Crockpot!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This Slow Cooker Keto Taco Soup is such an easy keto Crockpot recipe!
Looking for a simple, satisfying, and delicious keto soup idea? Then you’ve got to make this hearty and oh so creamy keto taco soup in your Crock-Pot slow cooker! It has all the bold flavors of tacos in a comforting, hearty soup, and it’s super convenient to make any day of the week using your slow cooker.
Everyone in your family – keto and non-keto eaters, will LOVE this recipe because it’s just that GOOD!
The cream cheese and seasonings in this soup make for an insanely delicious and brightly flavored broth.
Two pounds of ground beef and diced tomatoes make this soup very hearty and extremely comforting as well! Thankfully this slow cooker method is simple, and it consists of browning the ground beef on the stove first with seasonings and cream cheese, then throwing the rest of the ingredients in the slow cooker.
Tips for making the best Crockpot Keto Taco Soup:
- You can use a couple of tablespoons of our homemade taco seasoning mix in your soup, or I also listed out what seasonings to use if you don’t want a full batch in the recipe. It’s easy to make and so yummy!
- If you dislike chopping onions and garlic as much as I do, an onion chopper like this one makes it so much faster and easier. It’s one of my favorite kitchen tools!
- I prefer 85/15 ground beef in soups so that’s what I used. You can of course use higher fat, like 80/20 or 75/25. I have also made this using ground turkey so you can make that swap as well. Keep in mind, the nutritional values are calculated on what I used (85/15 ground beef).
Slow Cooker Keto Taco Soup
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 2 HOURS
total time: 2 HOURS 10 MINUTES
All the bold flavors of tacos, in a keto-friendly and easy to make Crockpot soup!
For the taco seasoning:
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For the soup:
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 - 10 oz. cans Rotel with green chiles
- 4 cups beef broth
- optional toppings (shredded cheese, jalapeno, and avocado)
This is the best soup I’ve had in a long time!
Oh, man! This soup is so incredibly delicious. I’m a huge fan of making a big batch of soup and then heating it up during the week for leftovers, and this soup is just as yummy the next day.
Feel free to top it with keto-friendly add-ins such as avocado, shredded cheese, hot sauce, and sour cream.
Check out what my teammate Erica had to say about this keto taco soup:
“My favorite part about this soup is it is so EASY to make! The taste is absolutely perfect. It has a little bit of a kick to it but not too much! If you love spicy food, consider adding some extra red pepper flakes and top it with jalapeños! I topped mine with lots of sour cream, avocado, and red onions! It also pairs well with parmesan or cheddar cheese whisps if you want to add an extra crunch!”