Make This Keto Slow Cooker Chicken Salsa Soup Tonight!
Need a crowd-pleasing slow cooker meal for the family?
If you’ve got picky eaters like me, try this delicious and easy-to-make keto salsa chicken soup recipe! It features slow-cooked chicken, lots of taco seasoning, and both cream cheese and shredded cheese. In the end, you’ll have a comforting, cheesy soup with lots of Mexican-inspired flavors sure to satisfy your hungry family any day of the week. My crew sure loved this idea!
Even on crazy days, you can make this soup with minimal prep time!
If I know my evenings are gonna be chaotic, I’ll plan on easy ideas like this one to get me through. You can use chicken breast meat or even chicken thighs if preferred, and just layer the cream cheese, spices, chicken broth, and a can of Rotel over the chicken.
Hip tips for making Chicken Salsa Soup in your slow cooker:
- You could use a taco seasoning packet in a pinch, but to keep things really low-carb and unprocessed, consider making a batch of this delicious keto homemade taco seasoning. It’s so GOOD and it’s easy to make too! You can also use it in so many other Mexican-inspired recipes like Keto Taco Stuffed Breadsticks, and Keto Chicken Tacos!
- Once cooked, you’ll want to remove the chicken to shred it. If the cream cheese looks unappetizing, no worries! Just grab a kitchen whisk and really mix the broth well, making sure to break apart any smaller pieces of cream cheese.
- If you’re curious about my favorite way to shred meat, I use these handy Bear Claws meat shredders to easily shred chicken!
- Place the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and add shredded cheese to the soup. From there, I also add a bag of steamed riced cauliflower before serving to give my soup some extra veggies and bulkiness. This is super yummy (but you can omit if it doesn’t sound delish to you).
Keto Slow Cooker Chicken Salsa Soup
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 4 HOURS
total time: 4 HOURS 10 MINUTES
A creamy taco seasoned soup with lots of shredded chicken, seasonings, and cheese!
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, raw
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning (recipe HERE)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 10 oz. can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 and 1/2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 10 oz. steamed riced cauliflower
Slow cooking winner!
Anything Mexican food-related is our favorite, so it’s not surprising that this yummy and cheesy soup was a hit. It has lots of chicken, and it’s so filled with flavor! If you make it, be sure to come back and let me know. 🙂
You won’t miss the carbs in this Keto Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup.