Keto Sausage Crust Pizza | Yep, You Read That Right… SAUSAGE CRUST!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
It doesn’t get any better than this keto sausage crust pizza!
Mama Mia! 🤌 This pizza is outrageous!
Keto sausage crust pizza is stepping your pizza game up several thousand notches. Imagine Fathead dough, but with ground Italian sausage mixed into the dough. Hello, pizza heaven! 🍕
One of the pizzas I made (as pictured above) not only has sausage, mozzarella, and parmesan in the crust but I topped it with mozzarella, caramelized onions, sautéd mushrooms, garlic, and spinach. Oh, and don’t forget the olives and goat cheese. Is your mouth starting to water yet?
This crust is amazing for ALL pizza varieties so use whatever toppings you and your family love most for the best keto pizza night yet! My team member, Erica, topped her sausage crust pizza with pepperoni and her kiddos ate it up. 🍕
Is it possible to have a love affair with pizza?
To keep the carbs low with this pizza, I used a no-sugar-added marinara sauce. There are quite a few keto-friendly marinara sauces available. It’s impossible to have a zero-carb marinara as tomatoes contain natural sugars, so you just want to make sure you’re avoiding those sneaky added sugars.
Tips for making the best keto sausage crust pizza:
- Try to get your sausage crust pretty thin, about a 1/4-inch thick, as this will help it crisp up when you bake it. The crust is baked before adding toppings.
- Broil both sides of the crust to also help crisp it up. If you don’t broil both sides, it’ll likely end up flimsy and become a “fork and knife” kind of pizza. Just be careful when you flip the crust over so that it doesn’t break.
- You can use any of your favorite pizza toppings and make this pizza your own! I listed the toppings as optional. It’s great with even simple marinara, pepperoni, and mozzarella. Note that the baking time after you top it will be different depending on what toppings you use.
- I ended up using 1 pound of whole milk low-moisture mozzarella cheese for both the crust and topping. I generally prefer to shred the cheese myself as pre-shredded cheese usually has a starchy coating on it to keep the cheese from sticking together.
Keto Sausage Crust Pizza
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 30 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 60 MINUTES
Savory pizza crust made with sausage, almond flour, and cheese.
- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons full-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
Toppings (optional, or use your favorite pizza toppings):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. baby Bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar-free marinara sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 - 2.25 oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- 4 oz. goat cheese or 1 cup shredded parmesan
Keep your keto pizza game strong!
What better way to mix up your pizza crusts than by trying this keto sausage pizza crust. But we warned that you might never go back to any other keto pizza crust!
My Hip sidekick Erica had this to say about this keto sausage crust pizza:
“This has to be my favorite way to make pizza crust! It’s so unique and puts off the slightest hint of yummy sausage! It also is not flimsy at all, especially if you broil both sides of the crust.
I chose to just add Rao’s sauce, mozzarella, and pepperoni! It took about 10 minutes to bake with the topping on there and I did broil it for an additional 2 minutes at the end because I always like it when the cheese on my pizza is starting to brown. SO DELICIOUS! 😋”
Check out this keto zucchini pizza casserole recipe next!