This Low Carb Fathead Pizza Dough Recipe is a Keto Game Changer!
Thanks to this fathead pizza dough recipe, I love pizza night again!
I know what you’re thinking, pizza dough out of mozzarella cheese and almond flour?! This keto Fathead pizza crust recipe is super simple to make with just a few ingredients. Plus, the texture is not only chewy like normal pizza dough, but it’s also sturdy enough to pick up a piece to eat! 🍕
Fathead Pizza is a very popular low-carb recipe idea online and is a favorite among several of my fellow Hip2Keto sidekicks, so I was excited to try it out!
Hip tips for making Fathead Pizza Dough:
- I diced bell peppers and mushrooms and sautéed them first on the stove before topping my pizza (just personal preference).
- I’ve read that you can substitute 1/4 cup of coconut flour instead of almond flour, but I haven’t tried it yet.
- You can divide the dough and make smaller, personalized pizzas.
Collin’s Fathead dough recipe tips:
Collin whipped this pizza up on Facebook alongside Stetson, and it’s pretty clear how tasty it can be. She even shared some great tips to make it perfect!
- Be sure to add seasonings (like garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt) to the crust to add a burst of additional pizza flavor.
- Use either a silicone baking mat or parchment paper (and add a touch of oil) to make sure the crust doesn’t stick to your pan.
- Flatten out the dough on parchment paper, then put a lightly oiled piece of parchment paper over the top of the dough and press down with your hands versus a rolling pin. You can totally use a rolling pin like Lina does, however, I find using my hands helps to get the crust nice and thin which makes for a crispier crust.
- Cook the crust to the point where it’s well done (not burnt, but brown in spots) to make sure the base will be firm enough to support your favorite toppings.
- Be sure to let the pizza rest before eating. If you like a pizza that you can pick up with your hands, then keep in mind that letting it rest will create a much firmer crust.
Fathead Pizza Dough Recipe
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
This is the yummiest keto pizza dough, EVER!
- 3/4 cup almond meal/flour
- 1 and 3/4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese (1 oz.)
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Desired pizza toppings (tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms, bell peppers, etc.)
No joke — this Fathead dough pizza is so YUMMY!
So many Hip2Keto readers have told us that this is their favorite recipe for keto pizza, and I agree – it’s pretty amazing. I love that you can customize it by adding any keto-friendly topping to the crust you love.
Fathead pizza is a filling meal that’s super satisfying, easy to make, delicious, and something my picky eater kids can get excited for! Enjoy!