Keto Zucchini Pizza Casserole (Finally a Non-Cauliflower Crust!)
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Yes, you can have pizza on keto with this zucchini pizza casserole!
The easiest keto zucchini pizza casserole is just an hour away.
It’s so nice to have a keto pizza dish that’s not made with cauliflower! Don’t get me wrong, I love using cauliflower as a low-carb substitute, but sometimes I just want something else.
The crust on this keto zucchini pizza casserole is made from shredded zucchini, eggs, grated parmesan, mozzarella cheese, and seasonings. You get as much moisture as possible out of the zucchini and then prebake the “crust” to help remove more moisture and crisp it up.
Even picky eaters will like this meal.
The pizza flavor in this meal is incredible. It tastes just like you’d expect a deep-dish pizza casserole to taste. You don’t even miss the bready pizza dough!
You honestly can barely even taste the zucchini once it’s covered in the meat marinara sauce, pepperoni, and melted cheese. There’s also cheese mixed in the crust too so even the zucchini-naysayers out there will be asking for more.
Tips for making the best Keto Zucchini Pizza Casserole:
- Get as much moisture out of the zucchini as possible. Salting helps draw out the water, and you can also press the zucchini with paper towels while it’s in the colander to help absorb even more moisture.
- Feel free to add more cheese or your favorite pizza toppings. This is definitely a recipe that you can customize to your tastes!
- Depending on your oven and how much moisture you get out of the zucchini, you may want to bake the crust closer to 25 to 30 minutes to help crisp it up even more. If it starts getting too brown around the edges, cover edges with a strip of aluminum foil.
Keto Zucchini Pizza Casserole
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 40 MINUTES
total time: 60 MINUTES
Keto pizza made with a zucchini crust and topped with a meat marinara sauce, cheese, pepperoni, and olives!
- 4 cups of zucchini, shredded (3 medium or 5 small)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, shredded, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium-sized white onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef 80/20
- 1 cup no-sugar-added marinara sauce
- 20 pepperoni slices
- 2.25 oz. can sliced black olives
Easy keto casseroles for the win!
I love casseroles; they’re the best! I prefer to make a one-dish meal versus cooking a meat with sides. So much better to have everything in one pan to make for easy cooking AND cleanup.
I can’t wait to try this out with various toppings next time I make it. 😋
My Hip sidekick Jenna made this keto zucchini pizza casserole and here’s what she had to say:
“Now this is one the whole family will love AND you’ll have leftovers that reheat beautifully! I bet this would freeze nicely too. This is so full of flavor and so filling! I love the pizza toppings and that cheesy zucchini crust is to die for. I know we all get sick of cauliflower from time to time so this is a great alternative.”
Love casseroles like me? Don’t miss our popular Keto Chicken Broccoli Cheese Casserole!