Easy Keto Pumpkin Mug Cake Recipe – Ready in Just Minutes!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Keto pumpkin mug cake is the answer to your pumpkin cravings!
This easy keto pumpkin mug cake has the most fantastic pumpkin flavor and is the perfect simple fall dessert that you can enjoy in just minutes! It’s made with the ideal amount of pumpkin so that you get the full pumpkin flavor, not just a hint of pumpkin. And the ingredients in this recipe make for a beautifully textured and moist cake.
If the quick cook aspect didn’t get ya, you’ll also be thrilled to know you only have to get one “bowl” (or mug or ramekin) dirty for easy clean up!
So easy to make!
My favorite part about this keto pumpkin mug cake is how easy it is to make and it’s pretty cool that you can bake it in the microwave. You don’t have to turn on the oven and it’s the perfect single-serving, though you can of course double it up to make multiple mug cakes at once. You’ll want to add 30 seconds to the cooking time when having multiple cakes in the microwave.
Honestly, I’m a little late to the mug cake trend. Until recently, I hadn’t had a microwave in years. If I’d known keto mug cakes were this amazingly delicious and so easy to make, I might have got a microwave sooner. 😄
Tips for making the best Keto Pumpkin Mug Cake:
- I used ramekins for this recipe but you can use any microwave-safe mug as the recipe name implies. A mug with a wide opening works best.
- Top with keto-friendly chocolate chips or pecans and cinnamon before microwaving for an extra delectable treat! This would be wonderful served with keto vanilla ice cream or topped with whipped cream.
- Microwave cooking times can vary depending on the microwave and mug you use, so I recommend starting with 90 seconds and then adding an additional 30 seconds if needed.
- This mug cake calls for 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of keto confectioners sweetener. I think this is the perfect level of sweetness but if you prefer less sweet desserts, opt to only use 1 tablespoon.
Keto Pumpkin Mug Cake
yield: 1 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 2 MINUTES
total time: 7 MINUTES
Mug cake made with pumpkin, egg yolk, avocado oil, pumpkin pie spice, and almond flour.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon keto confectioners sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons almond flour
Savor every bite!
This keto pumpkin mug cake is so good, I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re tempted to make yourself another one.
If you’ve been doing keto for a while, you probably already have all the ingredients on hand to make this right now!
My Hip sidekick Jenna made this keto pumpkin mug cake and here’s what she had to say:
“This is so fun and easy to make! I love that I can just make a quick keto dessert for one and in about 2 minutes, plus the kids loved this concept too. And it couldn’t be easier just mixing it all up right in the mug and popping in the microwave. Easy peasy!”
Love mug cakes? Check out our keto chocolate mug cake, too!