Winning Keto Ham and Cheese Sliders
Looking for a crowd-pleasing keto appetizer?
You’ve gotta make these delicious keto ham and cheese sliders ASAP—they’re the perfect party appetizer for your next gathering! They are inspired by this super popular [carb-filled] version on Hip2save.com, but today I am sharing a way you can make them keto-friendly.
We will be making a batch of these easy keto sweet dinner rolls first, then adding deli ham and swiss cheese to make melted sliders. My favorite part is the buttery poppy seed mustard topping that gets baked on top and caramelizes nicely for lots of added flavor.
Hip Recipe Tips:
- I am using deli ham and Swiss cheese, but I also love provolone cheese as an alternative cheese option. You can pick any deli meat and cheese combination you enjoy, but when using ham be sure to pick one that doesn’t have honey or added sugar.
- I thought it was easiest to use a basting silicone brush to brush on the buttery poppy seed topping, but you could always improvise with a spoon and spread it around on top.
Keto Ham and Cheese Sliders
yield: 10 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 45 MINUTES
total time: 55 MINUTES
Small sliders stuffed with ham & cheese, topped with a buttery mustard glaze as a winning appetizer.
For the Sweet Rolls:
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons monk fruit sweetener
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 egg white (for egg wash)
For the Sliders:
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon liquid aminos
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 10 thin slices of ham deli ham (about 4 oz.)
- 5 slices of Swiss cheese
Oh my… these are so TASTY!
If you’re missing bread and sandwiches while following keto, this recipe is a great low carb alternative! They are like pillows of melted cheese and ham heaven that are sure to be a hit with any keto or even non-keto eaters.
My family really loved everything about this recipe, from how easy it is to the final yummy result. Enjoy!