Easy Keto Coconut Shrimp in the Air Fryer
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Looking for a delicious keto appetizer? 🍤
Look no further – this keto coconut shrimp is the perfect crowd pleaser! We absolutely love this keto-friendly appetizer in our household and it’s super simple to make in the air fryer, too. Just grab a handful of ingredients, do a quick dredge of some raw medium-size shrimp, pop them in your air fryer basket, and you’ll have a delicious snack or app ready in just minutes!
These crispy and sweet coconut shrimp are so yummy, your guests will think you ordered from a restaurant. I found myself back at the table grabbing a second plate before I knew it. That’s how good they are! 😋
Tips for making the BEST keto coconut shrimp:
- No air fryer? No problem! You can fry these in a skillet for four minutes on each side.
- I’m a huge fan of Pork King Good pork rind crumbs! They make it so easy to create the best “breading” for keto foods. If you’re looking for another idea to make use of these pork rind crumbs, you’ve got to try our pork rind pizza crust. 😋🍕
- Add just a bit of granular Swerve or Lakanto Monk Fruit sweetener to the “breading” to bring the sweetness into the shrimp.
Keto Coconut Shrimp
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
Sweet and crunchy coconut-crusted shrimp gets golden in the air fryer for a surprisingly keto appetizer!
Keto Coconut Shrimp:
- 1 lb bag large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons pork rinds crumbs (or finely crushed pork rinds)
- 2 eggs, whisked in a shallow bowl
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 to 2 teaspoons keto granular sweetener (I used Lakanto Monkfruit)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or olive oil spray
Keto-Friendly Cocktail Sauce (optional):
- 1/4 cup sugar free ketchup
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
Easy peasy snack or even dinner in minutes!
This yummy recipe not only works as an appetizer, but it’s also great to whip up for a quick dinner too. I also like to throw a few of these in a salad for lunch. Yum yum, gimme some! 😋
My Hip sidekick Jenna gave this recipe a try and here’s what she thought:
“This recipe is so tasty, I almost forgot it was keto! I love how easy it is to make in the air fryer and the crust is so nice and crispy. The slight sweetness was really a home run and the homemade cocktail sauce was perfect for dipping!”
Love seafood? Try this almond crusted salmon recipe next!