How to Make Perfect Keto BBQ Chicken Every Time!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Keto BBQ chicken grilled to perfection. 😋
This recipe makes cooking keto BBQ chicken a breeze!
How many times have you shied away from making BBQ chicken because it seems too daunting? Especially if making keto BBQ chicken for a crowd… seriously, it used to give me anxiety.
Chicken can be hard to barbecue because you have all the different size pieces – thighs, wings, legs, breasts…and then doing bone-in, well, that’s a whole other game. It’s fairly easy if you’re just barbecuing boneless chicken breasts, but even then, you still have to make sure you don’t overcook the chicken because it dries out so fast! 😩
If you love BBQ chicken, this recipe is for you!
A lot of research and trial and error over the years led me to this method of cooking chicken. And it’s perfection! I’m being serious, make sure you read through the full recipe and follow the steps in order to get the best EVER keto BBQ chicken!
Tips for making the perfect keto BBQ chicken:
- Feel free to switch up the rub as I make mine more garlicky than most to add lots of flavor to the chicken. You could add more chili powder and less garlic powder. Or use a pre-made poultry seasoning, but be sure to check the label for added sugar.
- The garlic powder will get dark while cooking (think blackened chicken) so don’t be surprised if your chicken looks slightly dark after the first 25 to 30 minutes of grilling. Trust me, it’s not burnt!
- Use our keto BBQ sauce recipe over storebought! The recipe makes more than enough for grilling 16 pieces of chicken.
Keto BBQ Chicken
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 35 MINUTES
cook time: 45 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 20 MINUTES
Barbecued chicken grilled to perfection with our keto BBQ sauce.
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 16 pieces of chicken bone-in, skin-on (I used 4 thighs, 4 wings, 4 legs, 4 breasts)
- 1 cup of keto BBQ sauce (or more, if desired)
This chicken is barbecued to perfection!
This recipe for keto BBQ chicken will become your new go-to recipe for grilling. No more fear of over-cooking chicken on the grill!
Let us know what you think of this method or if you have a favorite way to barbecue chicken. 😋
Trying making these Keto Bacon Avocado Burger Bombs for your next barbecue!