The Famous Gordon Ramsay Burger… Keto-fied!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Say hello to making gourmet burgers at home!
If you didn’t know, Gordon Ramsay has a burger restaurant at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas, NV called Gordon Ramsay Burger and as you could guess, the menu looks amazing. Your mouth will water and your stomach will start to growl just looking over the burger selection on the menu.
Luckily, Gordon Ramsay was generous enough to post a YouTube video of himself making the famous Gordon Ramsay Burger and other people have shared the recipe online as well. The video is very definitely worth a watch as the Gordon Ramsay burger will transform the way you grill forever!
The Gordon Ramsay Burger cooking method is a game-changer!
Really, the only swap needed to keto-fy this burger is to use a keto bun instead of a brioche bun, or you could do a lettuce wrap. But either way, you’re going to love our copycat version!
The official Gordon Ramsay burger recipe calls for a half-pound of short rib, half-pound of brisket, and one pound of ground beef chuck. For this keto-fied version so that it’s also budget-friendly and simple, you can use two pounds of 80/20 ground beef instead — the 80/20 gives off more flavor with its higher fat content.
Another secret to making the Gordon Ramsay burger so delicious is basting the burger in butter while it cooks! Who does that?! Gordon Ramsay does, and the butter adds incredible flavor so don’t skip that step!
Other tasty spins off a traditional cheeseburger are using Monterey Jack cheese instead of cheddar cheese, grilled onion slices, and a mayonnaise-dijon mustard blend instead of ketchup. Gordon Ramsay also adds a “touch of egg” to his burgers and then refrigerates them overnight to help keep their form while grilling.
Follow these tips to make the perfect Gordon Ramsay burger:
- If you want to follow the original recipe, you can ask your butcher or the meat counter to grind short ribs and brisket for you to add to the ground beef chuck. It’s a delicious blend of cuts. But 80/20 ground beef works too!
- It is recommended to chill the patties before grilling to help them keep their form. Refrigerate them overnight or up to 24 hours before grilling. If you’re running short on time, just chill them as long as possible. Note that chill time is not included in the total time for the recipe.
- Make sure you baste the burgers with butter while cooking. This is key for the flavor and adds that wonderful crispiness to the outside of the burger.
- Be generous with the salt and pepper.
- Make sure to use Monterey Jack cheese. There’s something about the flavor and way it melts that’s different than cheddar and definitely steps your burger up to gourmet status.
- You could use a lettuce wrap instead of keto bun to save yourself some carbs!
Keto Gordon Ramsay Burger
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
You'll never make burgers the same after learning this butter basting grilling method for the most flavorful burger patties around!
- 2 pounds of 80/20 ground beef
- 1/2 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 stick of butter, melted for basting
- 4 keto hamburger buns
- 1 large white onion, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 4 slices of Monterey Jack cheese (you may have to buy a block and slice your own)
- 1 large tomato, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
This burger will turn your grilling world upside down!
You’ll never be the same after making the Gordon Ramsay burger. The flavors of the burger with the grilled onions, creamy melted Monterey Jack cheese, and dijon-mayonnaise will transform your burger world. You will never be able to go back to a regular cheeseburger.
My Hip sidekick Jen tried out this recipe and here’s what she had to say:
“Get your napkins ready! This thick 1/2 pound burger is restaurant-quality! It’s juicy and the Monterey jack cheese melts perfectly. Adding grilled onions pushes the flavor over the top. Grilling the onions brings out the sweetness and smoky flavor! These are easy to make and super filling! This was a huge hit in my home and we are adding this to our family rotation.”