Cheese-Stuffed Italian Sausage (Quick Keto Dinner Idea)
Need a quick dinner recipe for a busy weeknight?
Well, we’re taking already delicious Italian sausage and stuffing it with cheese (because cheese makes everything better, right?!). This keto dinner recipe is so easy to make that anyone in the family can whip this up, and it’ll be ready in under an hour. Yes, please! 😋
Save time, money, and your sanity with this easy keto dinner recipe!
I love budget-friendly low carb dinners and this keto cheese stuffed Italian sausage is not only affordable, but it’s also super easy peasy to make! Just grab four ingredients and you’ve got yourself a hearty and flavorful dinner.
It can be served for the whole family, even those that aren’t living the keto life. I love to serve it with fresh zucchini and squash since the flavors from the sausage itself are bold enough to carry the dish.
A few tips when making cheese-stuffed Italian sausage:
- I love mild Italian Sausage but feel free to use hot sausage if you like a little extra spice, or even a brat if you don’t like any spice.
- We love Rao’s Marinara Sauce here in our household because it’s not only delicious, it’s also low in sugar. Feel free to use your favorite keto-friendly pasta sauce!
- These cheese-stuffed sausages really can be served with any side you please – fresh veggies like I did, or even a salad would be good. Also, these Roasted Brussels Sprouts in Creamy Alfredo Sauce would be yummy to serve alongside these sausages, too. 😋
Cheese Stuffed Italian Sausage
yield: 7 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 40 MINUTES
total time: 50 MINUTES
Italian sausage links are stuffed with cheese for a flavorful and easy weeknight meal idea!
- 7 Italian sausage links
- 7 string cheese sticks (I used a mix of mozzarella and pepper jack cheese))
- 2 cups marinara sauce (I used Rao's)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
Cheese stuffed Italian sausage will totally change your weeknight dinner routine!
Just one bite of this savory and over the top cheese-filled sausage will have you thinking, “why haven’t I tried this sooner!?” I’ve added this recipe to my dinner rotation – it’s perfect for busy nights when I’m short on time!
“This is such a brilliant meal! It’s so tasty and easy to throw together and doesn’t break the bank. The kids were all over this one and ate theirs over rotini while I ate mine over some zucchini zoodles! Yum!!” – Jenna, Hip2Save recipe tester