Loaded Keto Cauliflower Casserole—Potatoes Are So Overrated!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
We sure love easy keto casseroles here at Hip2Keto!
Nothing kicks off steak night like this loaded keto cauliflower casserole. It possesses all the qualities of a classic casserole with melted cheese and bacon – but with cauliflower chunks versus typical high-carb potatoes. The butter roasted cauliflower is mingled with creamy, cheesy goodness, and studded with crispy bacon and green onions… it’s taste bud heaven, bite after bite. 😋
Did you know that one (plain) medium baked potato averages 33g net carbs, while 1 cup of roasted cauliflower is only 3g net carbs?! 😱
To sum up, that’s a difference of 30g net carbs per serving! Less is often more. And when it comes to carbs, this keto casserole is no exception.
Here are a few recipe tips to keep in mind when making this keto loaded cauliflower casserole:
- For the perfect sour cream drizzle every time, use a refillable condiment squirt bottle. These bottles also work great for homemade salad dressing and BBQ sauce. (Plus, they come in handy for paint and glue storage for art projects and DIY slime!)
- For small casseroles, I absolutely LOVE my CorningWare 4-Piece Ovenware set! It’s colorful and the sizes are unique. It came with a 12×9 inch low-rimmed baking dish which is an ideal size for this loaded cauliflower casserole. This set seems to be sold out everywhere but you can find similar pieces on Amazon.
- Want to make this casserole the star of the show and a meal of its own? Add some shredded or cubed chicken and you’ve got a delicious low carb dinner the entire family will love!
- While fresh cauliflower is preferred for this recipe, you can try using frozen cauliflower, making sure to really roast the florets first to reduce moisture that could lead to a soggy casserole.
Keto Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 35 MINUTES
total time: 45 MINUTES
Butter roasted cauliflower mingled with creamy, cheesy goodness, studded with crispy bacon and green onions... Yum!
- 1 large head cauliflower (2 1/2 to 3 lbs), broken into bite-sized florets
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup block cream cheese (2 oz.)
- 1/4 cup sour cream, divided
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese blend, divided
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked until brown & crispy, chopped/crumbled
- 3 green onions (white and light green portions only), finely sliced, divided
Double it up to feed a crowd!
This low-carb cauliflower casserole is easy to double. It’s a fabulous side served with grilled steak, chicken, or a bunless burgers. It’s also a satisfying and filling main course whether you’re making this for a group or you want leftovers!
Serve this loaded cauliflower casserole with a perfectly cooked steak!