Keto Whoopie Pies Will Have You Saying Oh My!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Brownies cookies + frosting = keto heaven!
What’s better than a great chocolate brownie cookie? A frosted sandwich brownie cookie – that’s what!
Today I’m sharing with you a fun keto whoopie pie dessert recipe that the entire family will love!
Here are a few recipe tips to keep in mind when making keto whoopie pies:
- We adapted our keto cloud brownie cookie recipe to create a fluffy yet chewy cookie that’s perfect for making these cookie sandwiches.
- As for the filling, we halved a batch of our keto buttercream frosting — I recommend learning this recipe by heart if you’re an avid keto dessert baker! It’s the best! 😋
- Be sure to let cookies cool completely before applying the frosting so it doesn’t melt and slide out the sides.
Keto Whoopie Pie Cookies
yield: 7 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
Keto brownie cookies meet fluffy buttercream frosting for a low-carb whoopie pie cookie sandwich better than the sugar-filled store-bought options.
Chocolate Cloud Cookie:
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon monk fruit sweetener drops
- 6 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Swerve granular
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Keto Buttercream Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Swerve confectioners
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon heaving whipping cream or more
Delicious guilt-free keto cookie dessert!
These yummy whoopie pies are perfect for throwing into a container to take with you on the go for a delicious low carb treat! But warning: you may have to hide them from the kiddos as they’ll be begging for seconds.
My team member, Jenna, gave this recipe a test for me (as pictured above) and here’s what she had to say:
“Another yummy Hip2Keto recipe that was so much fun to make and eat! I’ve never made whoopie pies, but we’ve bought them at the grocery store before – and I LOVE that now there is a keto option. These are fluffy and sweet and sure are a fun way to enjoy dessert!” – Jenna