Best Keto Taco Pizza Recipe (Using Fathead Dough)
Having some serious Mexican food cravings?
Resist the urge to make bad-for-you eating choices and make this insanely delicious keto taco pizza instead! It’s got all the zesty Mexican flavors and toppings we all crave in a hearty and satisfying keto-approved recipe that’s easy to make and an absolute fiesta to eat!
It all starts out with a delicious Fathead dough crust.
We definitely cannot take credit for the genius keto pizza crust idea from Tim Naughton, that’s become a beloved keto staple. This fathead pizza recipe is a tried-and-true almond flour and mozzarella cheese dough that is excellent for making pizza and many other yummy keto recipes.
I created a quick video to show how easily this delicious keto taco pizza comes together –
After making fathead pizza dough, you’ll add all the keto taco-inspired toppings you can handle!
Feel free to cater your keto taco pizza to your taste. I decided to add taco seasoned ground beef, fresh cilantro, tomatoes, jalapeño, cheese, avocado, and lettuce. For the sauce, I added some red enchilada sauce which really gives amazing flavor to this keto taco pizza.
Tips for making amazing keto taco pizza:
- I felt like one pound of ground beef was too much for one pizza, so I used about 3/4 pound.
- You can use store-bought taco seasoning, or make our homemade keto taco seasoning!
- Fathead dough can be kinda sticky to work with. You can place it in the fridge to dry out a bit, and I also often put oil on my hands when working with it. Be sure to read our original post for making Fathead pizza dough here as we’ve got extra tips for those of you who haven’t made it before.
Keto Taco Pizza with Fathead Dough
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 25 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
All the typical taco-inspired toppings on a keto fathead pizza crust!
For the fathead pizza dough:
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 3/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the pizza toppings:
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 5 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 of a jalapeño, sliced
- 1/2 of an avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
To be honest, this is my favorite fathead pizza I’ve made!
When most people think of pizza, we automatically think of pepperoni and cheese, and this is such a great Mexican twist on traditional Italian pizza!
Here’s what my sidekick had to say after trying this keto taco pizza:
“This turned out so great and is definitely one of my new favorites! I love that the ‘pizza’ sauce is enchilada sauce, so fun! I also loved customizing the toppings, and could make this again and again (also this reheats nicely in the air fryer to enjoy later). I love how easy this was, and that it’s loaded up with cheese. This is filling and satisfying, so good! I can’t believe it’s keto.” – Jenna
Keto taco pizza is a must-try meal idea that I think you’re gonna love, too! Enjoy!