Keto Puppy Chow… With a Surprising Ingredient!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Chow down on this addicting snack.
Who can resist the irresistible combination of peanut butter and chocolate? In this keto Puppy Chow recipe (also known as Muddy Buddies), this tantalizing flavor combo finds a crunchy home on top of…wait for it… pork rinds! This typically savory snack makes the perfect base for this treat with its airy texture and undeniable crunch.
After the pork rinds are tossed in peanut butter powder and drizzled with sugar-free chocolate, the Puppy Chow gets some extra sweetness with a dusting of confectioners Swerve sweetener.
Be warned: you’ll be reaching for handful after handful of these addicting bites!
Hip Recipe Tips:
- We love using Lily’s semi-sweet baking chips for chocolatey flavor with no added sugar. You can also find no sugar added Bake Believe chocolate chips for even less!
- For the pork rinds, I used the Epic Brand Pink Himalayan Salt variety.
- Using sugar-free PB Fit powder gives a true peanut butter taste, unlike plain almond butter. If you do not have PB Fit powder, you can use 1 tablespoon of no-sugar-added peanut butter instead.
- Feel free to experiment with your favorite flavors, like using white chocolate & 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract for a holiday version.
- Use as much or as little peanut butter chocolate as you desire and/or as it fits into your macros.
- Not a fan of pork rinds? Try a keto-friendly cereal like Magic Spoon instead!
Keto Puppy Chow
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
The delicious combo of peanut butter and chocolate is drizzled over crunchy pork rinds with a dusting of confectioners sweetener—it's the perfect keto treat!
Don’t be alarmed by the high total carb count!
Fiber and erythritol (the main ingredient in Swerve) do not affect blood sugar in the same way that regular carbs do, so we subtracted them from the total carb count. You’ll see that the net carbs are much lower once you remove the sugar alcohols and fiber.
5 ingredients + 10 minutes = snack recipe win!
Keto Puppy Chow is so easy to make (and very kid-approved!) that it’s a no brainer to make a tray of these perfectly poppable treats ASAP.
Love easy desserts? Try this simple keto Wendy’s copycat Frosty.