PB&J Parfait with Whipped Salted Peanut Butter Mousse: The Best Nostalgic Keto Treat!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
What time is it? It’s Keto Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!
Do you miss peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on keto? Get your fix with this keto PB&J parfait using our whipped salted peanut butter mousse recipe… with only 5 ingredients! 👏😱
Get all the PB&J nostalgia with none of the carbs!
One of the greatest things about moving from South America to the US as a kid was discovering peanut butter! At 7 years old I tasted peanut butter for the first time and my life was never the same.
Peanut butter quickly became my go-to for all the obvious reasons; It’s delicious straight out of the jar, it’s the perfect dip, great in desserts, and made the best school lunch in a PB&J. Luckily, this keto recipe gives you all the nostalgia of the classic sandwich without all of the carbs!
I was inspired to make this recipe after drooling over Arman’s keto peanut butter mousse. I added a little salt and layered in some keto jam for a PB&J twist!
Tips for making the best whipped salted peanut butter mousse and PB&J parfait:
- Use smooth and creamy peanut butter. The natural kind will be more difficult to mix in so just make sure you use very smooth and creamy unsweetened peanut butter that does not separate from the oil.
- Room temperature cream cheese. Let your cream cheese sit out for a few hours before making this recipe or else it’ll be almost impossible to whip.
- Chilled whipping cream. Unlike the cream cheese, make sure your whipping cream is very cold and only taken out of the fridge right before whipping because the fat globules emulsify faster and stay emulsified longer when cold. This makes the fluffiest and airier whipped cream!
Whipped Salted Peanut Butter Mousse
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 25 MINUTES
Light and fluffy peanut butter is whipped with cream cheese for a keto-friendly dessert all will enjoy.
Whipped Salted Peanut Butter Mousse:
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 1 1/2 cups cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts (optional)
Keto Berry Jam:
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 4 tablespoons keto sweetener
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
You can choose your own adventure with this whipped salted peanut butter mousse!
Layer some of the peanut butter mousse with the berry jam to enjoy a PB&J-inspired dessert or treat yourself to a fun midday snack by dipping in celery sticks or your favorite keto crackers. The peanut butter mouse possibilities are endless!
My sidekick Jennifer gave this recipe a try and here’s what she thought:
“I remember the first time I had a Reese’s peanut butter cup. It was sooooo amazing. But this recipe is so good, it far surpasses that experience! I can not even describe how amazing this peanut butter mousse tastes! If you miss the classic PB and J combination, this fills that need.
If you only want the peanut butter mixture, it tastes just like the inside of a peanut butter cup. If you want to use the jam in other ways, it would be wonderful on pancakes or ice cream.
I have a lot of keto desserts I like, but this has topped my list of favorite keto recipes of all time. It makes a lot so you can share with friends or serve it at a get-together. I don’t think anyone would realize it’s keto and sugar-free!”