Make Your Own Keto Nutella Copycat Recipe – It’s SO Easy!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This keto Nutella recipe is one of our favorite not-so-guilty treats!
Calling all Nutella fans! We’ve got a recipe for you…
Chocoholics will appreciate these simple steps to make a delicious keto Nutella copycat version of the popular hazelnut spread! Just grab some raw hazelnuts and a food processor or blender to get started.
It’s surprisingly easy to accomplish using just a few keto ingredients, and you will LOVE the result of this creamy, rich chocolate dip to enjoy as a special guilt-free keto treat.
How should you enjoy your homemade keto Nutella?
- Pair it with some fresh strawberries for a quick satisfying treat or dessert!
- Consider making these fun roll-up keto chocolate hazelnut crescents using this idea as the decadent filling.
- Top your keto pancakes with it for a low-carb chocolate hazelnut heavenly experience.
- Use it as a creative topping over keto vanilla ice cream! YUM!
Keto Hazelnut Dip & Spread
yield: 20 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
Use a food processor or blender and roasted hazelnuts to create this heavenly chocolate spread as a keto treat!
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar keto substitute (such as Swerve Confectioners)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup keto-friendly chocolate chips (such as Lily's)
- 1/2 teaspoon additional coconut oil for melting chocolate
Tips for making our keto Nutella recipe:
- Store your hazelnut spread in a jar with a lid on the counter for up to two weeks. You can store it in the fridge, but just note that the texture will thicken a bit because of the coconut oil. The texture we noticed ends up like a thicker dip instead of an actual thick spread, which is why we are calling it a dip.
- Your raw hazelnuts will need to go into the oven to bake for a bit. Once they are nice and toasted, the skin peels off easily. You can just wrap them in a kitchen towel and move them back and forth. The movement from them rubbing against each other will remove most of the skin into the towel. This can be a little tedious so just remove as much skin as possible.
- Where can I find whole hazelnuts? I learned that some grocers carry hazelnuts only around the holidays as a seasonal item, but I had success at my local Sprouts farmers market store in the bulk foods section. You can also purchase hazelnuts via Amazon.
Now here’s some keto chocolate to get excited about! 🙌
I love the smooth, creamy texture. It’s super-rich tasting so just a little bit is satisfying for any sweet tooth. Overall, this homemade no-sugar-added keto Nutella dip is a winner! I feel like it’s well worth the effort of roasting hazelnuts and blending them.
Super simple and easy ideas like this are my favorite, and I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!
Here’s what my teammate Jennifer said after tasting this recipe:
“The hazelnut flavor in this recipe is robust, plus the added chocolate takes it over the top. Pair it with berries and you have a heavenly dessert! My family loved it as a dip. Add to ice cream and it creates the perfect shell similar to ‘Magic Shell’ except this one is keto. This would be a perfect topping for a cheesecake or any food that calls for a ganache because it’s smooth, creamy, and flavorful.”
Drizzle your keto Nutella over our dessert kabobs!